Transdev Train Driver - March 2020 School
Train Drivers – Full Training Provided
* $80,000 p.a after the completion of your training (paid training)
* On completion of your training you will receive a NZQA Level 4 Qualification
* Transdev embraces diversity and values difference
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services, and operating in 20 countries around the world. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusivity, and ensure a flexible workforce, which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
At Transdev, we believe public transport plays an important part in a how a city comes to life. Our day-to-day work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play
ABOUT THE ROLE
With public transport quickly growing and offering stable and successful careers to Kiwis throughout NZ, Transdev is now hiring for our November 2019 Trainee Train Driver School.
We are looking for flexible, safety-minded people like you to join us.
As a Trainee Train Driver, you'll be provided with comprehensive training, a very competitive pay rate which rises as you become qualified as well as many other great benefits.
* The right to work in NZ (NZ Citizenship or Permanent Residency)
* A full, clean, current N.Z. Driver's Licence
* A good grasp of Health and Safety awareness
* The ability to work shifts over a 24 hour/7 day period
* A positive and proactive attitude towards safety
* A level head in times of stress or pressure
* An aptitude and experience for mechanical issues and problem-solving
* The ability to concentrate and remain vigilant for long periods of time
* Ability to follow rules and regulations
DOES THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU WILL LOVE TO DO?
This is a safety critical role and requires all successful applicants to meet pre-employment benchmarks in psychometric and psychomotor testing along with an interview, satisfactory criminal history check, medical examination and references.
This is a chance to work in one of the fastest-growing industries in Auckland as our transport network continues to expand.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits and positive culture that embraces diversity and employee feedback. We genuinely invest in our people and the work you carry out at Transdev touches the lives of your family, friends and future generations alike. Working in a growing, global business will provide diverse career experiences for you to make your mark, push boundaries and reach your maximum potential.
As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. With values reflecting safety, commitment, partnership, passion and performance, we collaborate to support our most valuable assets, our customers.
If you're as passionate about delivering unparalleled service as we then click the ‘Apply now’ button and you’ll be taken to our Transdev website to complete your application form online.
At Transdev our recruitment process may include pre-employment checks such as medicals, drug & alcohol testing, psychometric testing, police checks, licence checks and right to work checks. For more information www.transdev.co.nz
Please note that the Driver position is rostered over a 24/7 coverage.
If you have previously applied for this position in the last 12 months we ask that you please do not apply on this occasion.
Follow us to get job updates!
Where to find us