Specsavers Newmarket is seeking motivated and experienced Optical Assistants to join their team on a permanent full-time basis.
About the role:
You will be involved in all aspects of our customer's optometric journey from using high-tech pre-testing equipment to dispensing and frame styling. You'll work to healthcare guidelines (as well as our own high standards), give good clear advice because of your love for fashion and styling, and provide a great experience at every opportunity which exceeds our customers’ expectations.
To secure this role you will need previous experience as either an optical assistant or dispenser. You will have fantastic organisation and communication skills, able to work effectively in a team and thrive on working at a fast pace.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have a rewarding career with Specsavers and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Optical dispensing qualification experience is highly desired, but not essential.
- Previous experience in the optical industry
- Flexible availability during the week, late-night trading and weekends.
- A self-starter with a sense of humour who enjoys variety and a busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to build genuine and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers
Benefits and perks:
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Friends & Family Discount
- 2 Pairs of Free Glasses per year
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- An in-depth on boarding and training program, that will continue throughout your career
- Career development and advancement opportunities