MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
The MYOB Corporate Affairs team spans the Australia and New Zealand markets, with the core aim of building, protecting and promoting MYOB’s reputation.
We are a team of approachable, no-nonsense, intelligent communicators who recognise the importance of delivering great work, but not at the expense of having a good time while we do so. No task is too great or small – there’s no ego here!
Our responsibilities range from;
- Developing and driving proactive thought leadership strategies
- Executing strategic, insight-led PR activities
- Delivering advocacy strategies
- Undertaking issues management
- Engaging and working with corporate and public-sector partners.
- Our team are trusted advisers to others in the business. We regularly collaborate with teams across MYOB to find opportunities and handle potential issues, and we use both traditional and creative means to deliver positive, impactful results.
What you will bring to the role
- We’re seeking a dynamic PR and communications professional who has started their career in the industry and is keen to take the next step with an innovative, evolving tech business.
- You’re an excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills, and have honed your eye for what makes a good news story
- You can identify fresh opportunities for raising the profile of our business and our spokespeople
- You’ll also be interested in the political landscape, policy and the implications this can have for New Zealand businesses
- You have strong communication skills - you love to engage with partners and stakeholders to understand their needs and assess how their insights can ultimately help grow MYOB’s reputation
- You’re confident in engaging with media, with a validated understanding of the local media landscape and established relationships with key journalists.
Importantly, you’re ready to grab the opportunity to get more involved in crafting communications strategy and put your organisational skills to use - from handling your own projects as you help to raise awareness around the many parts that make up our business, to supporting the broader team on tasks that contribute to our communications success. There may also be an opportunity to travel from time to time.
Well before Teams or Zoom calls became a regular feature of corporate life, MYOB has always valued and understood the importance of flexibility to handle our lives outside of work, and we apply this principal in our approach to how we operate.
If you want to work and collaborate in an environment where your efforts are valued, where your work makes a difference, and where your teammates enjoy a laugh and have your back, then MYOB is the place to be!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Follow us to get job updates!
Where to find us