MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
Working within the Practice Vertical at MYOB, The Tax & Compliance domain is crafting the tools of the trade for our accounting and book-keeping practices.
Practices partnering with MYOB are a primary driver of growth for the business, through our Practice solutions, as well as referrals for our SME accounting solutions.
You will join a collaborative, multi-functional agile team, working to deliver cutting edge tax and compliance systems and enabling new user experiences within this broad and dynamic domain.
As a Senior Developer working in Practice, you are developing experiences that allow our partner accountants and book-keepers to join a growing community of practices benefiting from our software, network, and services.
Being a Senior Developer, the other technologists in your team will be looking to you for your experience, mentoring and guidance when it comes to building outstanding software. In addition to this, you'll be challenged with taking rather ambiguous problems and architecting technology solutions to overcome them.
What we'd like to see in you:
You've mastered several backend and frontend languages. (We use primarily React and .NET) and are familiar with their benefits and drawbacks.
- Understanding of cloud platforms - AWS is our weapon of choice
- You are an advocate of quality and can set the standards the rest of the team will follow in building out test coverage
- You've built out CI/CD pipelines and have gone through the process of optimising them for speed and quality of delivery
- You've developed a strong reputation for being the go-to in your previous teams for knowledge, mentorship, and advice
- You work well with your team, coming up with solutions, participating in code-reviews, pair-programming, etc
- You are unafraid to give it a go, get it wrong and learn from the experience
- Giving and receiving feedback to improve yourself and others is like a second language to you
- You love to learn! Whether from books, blogs, or those around you
- Lastly, you are happiest when you are somewhere you can have an impact. In other words, you want to Love Your Work!
If working and collaborating where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference is important, you need to work at MYOB. We look forward to meeting you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company.
Follow us to get job updates!
Where to find us