Partly is a leading high-growth tech startup headquartered in Christchurch, New Zealand. We're developing solutions for the auto parts industry, with great backing from some big international names and investors, including Blackbird Ventures.
We have 2 main products - PartsPal, a SaaS tool that makes it easy for parts businesses to sell online, and UVDB and GAPC, a vehicle and parts database, that aims to connect the world's parts. We utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging, but exciting problems that will make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
We have a fantastic team, culture and work environment. The team at Partly are young and ambitious, and continually striving to improve.
We are expanding globally, and offering you an exciting opportunity to grow your career alongside us, develop your skills and have fun doing it.
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Lead to join as the company's first product hire. This person will have built products in a deeply technical and/or B2B space previously, ideally as an early or first Product Manager.
Our Co-founder and CEO currently leads Product. So, you'll need to be willing to spar on the tough questions and be excited to bring in your own opinions on the product strategy.
As the first product hire, you must be comfortable doing all things product - whether it's setting product roadmaps, managing delivery to get product out the door, building out the product function from scratch, or representing product at the leadership table to influence our overall business strategy.
This role is a broad and incredibly important position in the company. While there will be a shift to more true Product Lead responsibilities as the product function and practice is established, it will need to be very hands-on to begin with.
Qualifications & experience
- Experience in a product owner, product management, product lead role or equivalent
- Experience building a deeply technical and/or B2B SaaS product
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to motivate a team and keep them aligned
- Incredibly fast learner with a passion for problem-solving
- Empathetic to customers and understanding of the challenges the face
- Strong technical background so you can understand our product inside and out
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineers and designers
- Auto parts industry experience a plus
Tasks & responsibilities
- Planning: set product roadmaps, validate customer needs and challenges, ensure we're working on the right thing and reducing waste
- Motivate: rally the troops to ensure we're all aligned on the product vision and performing at an incredibly high level
- Execute: play the role of delivery manager, align our engineering team and take responsiblity for getting product out the door
- Feedback: gather voice of the customer insights and make recommendations based of these
- Strategy: define and manage the overall product strategy
- Functional: build out the product function from scratch, develop documentation, bring in process as and when needed, hire future product managers etc.
- Salary + equity options
- Flexible work hours
- Team social events
- Free snacks and coffee machine
Follow us to get job updates!
Where to find us