Head of Sales & Customer Success
Partly is a leading high-growth tech startup headquartered in Christchurch, New Zealand. We're developing solutions for the auto parts industry, with great backing from some big international names and investors, including Blackbird Ventures.
We have 2 main products - PartsPal, a SaaS tool that makes it easy for parts businesses to sell online, and UVDB and GAPC, a vehicle and parts database, that aims to connect the world's parts. We utilize bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging, but exciting problems that will make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
We have a fantastic team, culture and work environment. The team at Partly are seriously ambitious and continually striving to improve. We are expanding globally, and offering you an exciting opportunity to grow your career alongside us, develop your skills and have fun doing it.
About the role
Since our founding, our Co-founder and COO has owned sales, including running demos, onboarding customers, ensuring they're successful, plus managing customer support. Given the speed at which we're scaling, we're looking for an exceptionally talented Head of Sales & Customer Success to take this over and own a large portion of the "customer side" of the business.
This is a broad, exciting and incredibly important role at Partly. You will own the entire funnel, be responsible for generating additional revenue and ensuring customers have an exceptional experience. You will be running demos, bringing new customers on board, ensuring they're successful and managing support.
This role will begin broad but you will ultimately be responsible for building out the various functions and leading a team underneath you. You may have previously excelled as an Account Executive/Manager, topped sales leaderboards, trained your teammates and perhaps came up with your own processes or changed how your company did sales. This person will now be looking for a big step up to a highly visible, challenging and critical role and is confident of scaling personally as fast as the company.
Qualifications & experience
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience as an SDR, Account Executive or Account Manager
- Extremely customer-centric and understands the question behind the question
- Not just a script follower, but an incredible storyteller
- Ability to simplify things in a value-driven way
- Very people smart, although not necessarily extroverted
- Process-driven to the extent it makes you and the team super effective
- Bonus: Experience with automotive businesses
Tasks & responsibilities
- Run customer demos and manage the flow of inbound leads
- Have meaningful conversations to understand the challenges customers face
- Maintain a healthy and clean pipeline, and drive leads from the first demo to being a paying customer
- Own customer onboarding and ensure each new customer has an amazing experience
- Conduct outbound sales to continue filling the funnel when time allows
- Lead customer support to ensure potential and future customers receive the information and answers they need
- Utilise software and automation through tools like Intercom, Pipedrive and Zapier
- In time, build out a team around you to grow and support the various functions
- Salary + equity options
- Flexible work hours
- Team social events
- Free snacks and coffee machine
Follow us to get job updates!
Where to find us