Partly is an early-stage startup on a mission to connect the world's parts. There is currently a huge, mostly unsolved problem within the industry - linking a part to the vehicles it fits (often hundreds) is incredibly time consuming, often impossible. This is the problem we're solving, and involves structuring millions of vehicles, hundreds of millions of parts, and billions of links. We use a number of bleeding edge technologies to do this (dGraph graph database, Kafka event streaming, etc).
We were founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers and raised our Seed round from Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.), Hillfarrance, IceHouse Ventures and Peter Beck (RocketLab Founder).
We have 2 main products: PartsPal, a SaaS tool that makes it easy for parts businesses to sell online; and Partly API, which larger parts businesses and developers use to structure their data and get online. This is a $1.9 trillion industry, and solving this problem makes a huge difference for our customers.
The team at Partly are young and ambitious, and continually striving to improve. We are expanding globally, and offering you an exciting opportunity to grow your career alongside us, develop your skills and have fun doing it.
About the role:
In this role, you will work alongside other members of our development team to tackle hard, exciting problems and build beautiful software.
Qualifications & experience:
• Experience with Node.JS, Typescript, ORMs such as Prisma or Sequelize
• Experience working with large complex datasets
• At least 2 years experience as an intermediate developer
• Experience creating external integrations (Shopify APIs, Xero, eBay, etc)
• Be based (or willing to move) to Christchurch
• Bonus: Experience with automotive fitment.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Managing software backend development
• Work in our development team to make beautiful software.
• Stock options (at Pre-Seed exercise price)
• Flexible work hours
• Team social events
• Brand new office
• Free snacks and coffee machine.
Note: you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand in order to be considered for this role.
If relocating to Christchurch, we can assist with moving and setup costs.