As Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the Year in 2021 - Whip Around makes it simple and seamless to streamline the daily vehicle inspection and maintenance process for companies managing fleets. Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers that are dedicated to workplace safety.
As a Product Owner at Whip Around your focus will be to create world-class solutions for our customers! Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers with dedication to workplace safety. Through a mixture of exciting new features and improvements you will work with a team to deliver key solutions to our customers.
Success in this role will look like…
• You will work closely with Product Managers and other Product Owners, contributing to product design, discovery, product strategy, UX testing, and roadmap planning.
• You will be the main point of contact within the Squad for the business
• You will own your squads backlog (30-90 days), which includes managing the backlog, planning, defining acceptance criteria, setting milestones, prioritising work and will always ensure that there is a healthy balance between new features, support needs, and technical work reflected in the backlog
• You will deeply understand our strategic objectives and how our work is getting us there. Educate others/your squad on our strategic objectives and be able to demonstrate how the work you do contributes to them.
• Foster a culture of making decisions based on data whilst leveraging the experience of specialists. Use metrics that provide valuable insights to business decisions.
• You will lead the squads to ensure their performance is at optimal level & that they are delivering to business objectives while continuing to meet the sprint goals you set.
Your ideal experience will include:
With 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile environment, you’re confident in leading squads to deliver value to customers and working with our Engineering team to understand the basics of technical implementation.
In addition, you’ll have:
• Tertiary qualification with a degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
• SCRUM certification or Product Owner certification a bonus
• SAAS experience or working in tech environment that is fast pace
• Strong stakeholder management skills - including being in the detail, unblocking, facilitation, communicating upwards & downwards, and being point of contact.
• Experience working in fast paced environment and being able to navigate towards outcomes
• Strong JIRA experience (setting up boards, filters, reporting, etc)
• Excited to learn about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers
• Growth mindset, challenging status quo to find solutions and out-of-the-box ideas
• Learning and development allowance
• Four weeks additional paid parental leave
• Birthday leave - goes without saying, no one wants to work on their birthday!
• Team events and activities
• Flexible working options - we understand you have a life and family outside of work and we support that.
Each of us at Whip Around are committed to living and breathing our Values in everything we do. At Whip Around you will become part of a culture that’s committed to helping you become the best version of yourself. Whip Around is dedicated to our people!
• Be the Best You
• Be the Driver
• Provide Clarity
• Don’t Drop the Trophy