Hnry are undergoing a period of rapid growth, and are looking to add to our current team to help deliver the best possible experience for our customers and partners. We’re looking for someone with a vibrant and fun personality to join our team, and help grow Hnry rapidly through New Zealand and Australia. This role provides a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of working in a fast-paced startup environment, alongside a highly motivated team, as well as the opportunity of becoming responsible for the overall Hnry customer experience.
Customers are at the heart of everything Hnry does. The Customer Finance Agent is responsible for supporting customers in meeting their tax obligations, working closely with government agencies on behalf of customers and ensuring that all customers feel confident that their financial affairs are all being taken care of.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working with government tax agencies to resolve issues on behalf of our customers
• Working with customers to support them in getting on top of any legacy financial issues they may have
• Onboarding new customers including conducting AML/CFT checks
• Working with our Partners to ensure customers are paid correctly
• Reconciling transaction and payments data where required
• Processing tax returns on behalf of customers
• Providing second-line support to customers, answering tax technical queries escalated by the Customer Success team
• Conducting follow-up calls with new customers and providing them with assistance as required
• Writing/maintaining online help articles
• Educating customers about tax in a way that is very easy to understand (essentially acting as an interpreter)
• Adhering to established support practices to ensure customers receive the same quality of service regardless of who they deal with
• Providing feedback to technical staff and the wider team to optimise the customer experience based on customer interactions.
How we work:
• We are a fast-moving, highly collaborative and motivated team, that is growing quickly
• We have a relentless focus on the customer, and on delivering great experiences to ensure we maintain our high rate of customer referrals
• We take a data-driven approach to everything we do, making decisions based on user behaviour - constantly tweaking and optimising to improve.
• We follow agile practices, delivering improvements iteratively in small chunks. We track the impact of our work and measure ourselves based on delivering measurable contributions towards agreed targets.
• We encourage experimentation - whether that's experimenting with new tools or techniques, or experimenting with new channels
• We invest in our people, and provide opportunities for career growth and progression
• We work hard and we finish on time, no crazy hours.
• Be a self-starter that takes initiative and seeks out ways to make things more efficient
• Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Be a team player who is willing to muck in
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills (good phone manner, spelling, grammar are critical)
• Have fantastic interpersonal skills, and in particular a strong empathetic personality
• Have a strong attention to detail, organisational skills and self-sufficiency
• Be proficient in Google suite or other office software
• Be financially literate with a rudimentary understanding of NZ or AU Tax obligations for individuals
• Have technical aptitude and the ability to learn software programs
Bonus points for the following:
• Previous experience with customer service tools such as Intercom
• Experience being self-employed (freelancing, contracting etc) in any industry/profession
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, agile workplace