Head of People & Culture
ezyVet, powered by IDEXX, has over 230 employees sitting within the IDEXX family of 9k+. ezyVet has offices in London, Dallas, and Auckland servicing an exponentially increasing customer base in over 18 countries. Join us on our mission to improve our customers' lives, grow the careers of our people, and raise the level of animal health care through technology.
Come take the reins of an established service line supporting our people as our Head of People + Culture. We're searching for a savvy people leader and business partner capable of owning our day to day P+C operations while adding strategic value to this fast paced international SaaS business. Leading a lean P+C team you support our leaders to navigate complex business challenges, enhance our employee value proposition and leverage our new global IDEXX network to unlock more opportunity for our People and Culture to thrive.
This opportunity is big, like really big, it’s a long term play and it’s not for everyone and we know that. So, to be transparent as possible here’s a few things you’ll want to know;
We are a small but fast growing global company and People + Culture reaches it all. Owning all generalist aspects like crafting L&D programs, coaching people leaders and overseeing payroll down to the day to day administration of employee related activity.
Our team is lean (currently 3) so you’ll work closely with our leaders to spot and act on opportunities to really drive engagement, empowering our people to reach for what they want in their careers with ezyVet and the means to achieve it.
Time zones are a tricky one. London and Dallas are pegged to double their respective headcount in the next 12 months and there will be a truck load of stuff that will require your expertise and poise. We’re not implying you’re on the clock 24/7 it’s all about planning, ruthless organization and precise execution.
• Own human resources, including HR services, policies, process, compensation strategy and with the support of IDEXX, payroll
• Manage HR exploits in NZ, UK & US
• Manage talent development, including performance management, training and leadership development, career progression, diversity initiatives, knowledge management and cultural events
• Build and drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers, growing our team’s capabilities, and driving employee retention
• Manage our HRIS, BambooHR to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, productivity, performance, wellbeing, and retention
• Refine and direct company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback
• Help make a global team local by exemplifying our culture and values to ensure incredible outcomes
Where you’ll play:
• Reporting into our CEO you're setup to support the Leadership of the ezyVet teams. Key to success here is creating real partnerships with the business and collaborating with the regional HR Business Partners (IDEXX) to maximize the support in strategic and tactical HR policy implications, change management, employee relations and business initiatives.
• Provide a regional voice for the NZ ezyVet operations, partnering with the ANZ HR Lead.
• Form part of our senior leadership layer, providing consultative and partnering to maximize our organisations performance
• Create meaningful relationships with your stakeholders, adding value and solid advice to their functions.
• Advise on matters of total rewards, team dynamics, organizational development, organization design changes and cultural initiatives as needed to meet business objectives
• Provide HR support to the ezyVet business areas, whilst leveraging the IDEXX centers of excellence (CoEs) and Global HR networks to deploy appropriate processes and programs in ways that bring value.
• Keep the wheels turning, ensuring your team delivers operational excellence!
How you’ll win:
• Working in HR in multinational companies and business partnering with senior business and functional leaders.
• Generalist HR experience from a fast paced environment focused on delivering great outcomes
Incredible social awareness – you have your finger on the pulse of the business
• Expert ability to multi-task and adhere to demanding deadlines across multiple time zones
• Manoeuvring comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
• Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens
• Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
• Developing partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• A focus on continuous improvement
• Building high value relationships with senior leaders and are comfortable leading without authority through consultation, influence, and collaboration.
• Works successfully with complexity, understands patterns in data and their implications, able to translate complex organizational issues into practical guidance for business stakeholders.
• A sense of humour and healthy dollop of resilience
Need an extra carrot?
• Enjoy a brand new custom-built office in centrally located Freemans Bay with views of the Bridge
• Employee incentive schemes, EAP, wellness programs, L&D, professional development and career pathways
• 3x free tasty lunches a week, including food truck Fridays!
• Onsite gym, rooftop bar, fresh fruit and barista standard coffee
• Never work on your birthday again with our birthday leave policy
• Animal friendly office – woof woof!
It’s pretty exhilarating up here in the cloud, but it would be even better if you joined the flock (and helped grow it!)
At ezyVet - powered by IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement. Help build a culture that is the envy of the industry and revel in the delight of knowing you are a key part of something great.
Where to find us