Partly is an early-stage startup on a mission to connect the world's parts. We're developing solutions for the auto parts industry to revolutionise how businesses in this space operate.
We were founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers and raised our Seed round from Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.), Hillfarrance, IceHouse Ventures and Peter Beck (RocketLab Founder).
We have 2 main products: PartsPal, a SaaS tool that makes it easy for parts businesses to sell online; and Partly API, which is used by enterprise customers to connect to our vehicle and parts databases. We utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging, but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
The team at Partly are young and ambitious, and continually striving to improve. We are expanding globally, and offering you an exciting opportunity to grow your career alongside us, develop your skills and have fun doing it.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our ambitious team. You will be the second sales hire in the company, working closely with our Senior Account Executive and COO.
You are a natural hunter and may have been a high-performing AE or BDE previously. You have a track record of winning new business and are looking for your next big challenge at a fast-growing company where you can quickly start making an impact.
We care less about the years of experience you have and more about the impact of your efforts, your work ethic and your desire to exceed expectations, helping to grow the business by smashing targets. You will be working within our RevOps team, reporting directly to our Senior Account Executive.
Experience & qualifications:
• 3+ years experience in Sales, Account Management or Business Development, ideally at an early-stage startup or more mature fast-paced company
• Excellent written and verbal communicator - not just a script follower, but an incredible storyteller
• Extremely empathetic and customer-focused, with a desire to provide an incredible experience
Very detail orientated and relentless in improving your process
• Strong time management skills, well organised and dependable
• Ability to build long-lasting relationships with current and future customers
• Ability to develop and document processes from the ground up
• Discipline to design your own day to make yourself most effective
• Bonus: Experience using tools such as Intercom, Pipedrive and Loom
• Bonus: Experience with automotive businesses
• Bonus: Experience in e-commerce, helping companies sell online
• Bonus: Experience working with a diverse range of cultures and linguistic backgrounds.
What you will do:
• Manage the outbound sales cycle. Nurture the customer relationship from the first interaction, run product demos, follow up with prospects, answer questions and do everything in your power to turn them into paying customers.
• Contact prospective customers by email, LinkedIn, video message or phone (or any other method you feel will help you reach prospects and close deals). You will be approaching prospects with highly targeted and personalised outreach, encouraging them to book a demo.
• Maintain an extremely healthy and clean pipeline. Obsess over each of our prospects to ensure everyone is moving forward and no stone is left unturned
• Optimise for revenue by negotiating large deals and upselling prospects onto higher-tier plans
• Help create and actively refine future sales strategies, processes and tactics
• Communicate cross-teams to solve customer problems
• Act as the voice of the customer for our product team, by gathering, summarising and sharing the most pressing issues facing our prospects and customers
• Identify ways to provide customers with the information and answers they need before they have to ask the questions
• Rapidly learn, grow and develop faster than the business, positioning yourself as a future leader at Partly.
• Stock options (at Pre-Seed exercise price)
• Flexible work hours
• Team social events
• Brand new office
• Free snacks and coffee machine.
Note: you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand in order to be considered for this role. If relocating to Christchurch, we can assist with moving and setup costs.