At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the group you'll be joining:
The Product Platform group is on a mission to deliver a delightful, accessible and secure experience on every device for Canva’s millions of current users and billions to come.
Within the Product Platform group are the Offline and Native Desktop App team, which you’ll be working closely with: The team’s work includes creating great experiences for when users experience limited or no connectivity. As well as evolving the much loved Canva native desktop app.
Goals you'll achieve:
• Audit the current experience for the desktop app and limited connectivity experience to identify opportunities for improvement and quick wins.
• Design and ship your first measurable improvement UX in Canva for each, helping to improve usability and increase company critical metrics such as monthly active users and new user acquisition.
• Partner with the Lead Product Manager and Engineer on the Product Platform team to form a triad, and develop a long-term design vision.
• Empower your team and other product designers to support the Design Import and Client Platform team missions by proactively collecting and sharing the voice of the user, via user feedback, usability testing and other qualitative and quantitative data.
Experience you'll have:
• A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products — including web-based or native mobile experiences and a bonus desktop app experience.
• You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
• You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
• You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
• You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
• You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
• You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
• You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
• You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
• You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Working at Canva:
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.