irst AML are on the look out for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Product & Engineering Team.
A Little about First AML.
Our team are a great bunch of people - a mix of experience, supportive like no other, wonderfully diverse and passionate about always making a difference.
Our purpose is to help everyday people access the financial system, while limiting criminal exploitation.
We've created a world-class SaaS product that solves our customers due diligence problems so that they can stay focussed on running their business. A few of the great names we work with in New Zealand are Hobson Wealth, Blackbird, KPMG and Ray White(financial institutions, accountants, law firms, venture capitalists and real estate agents).
Since 2018 we have experienced exponential growth, secured amazing funding and have gone from a handful of staff to 130+ and based on our success across New Zealand and Australia we are excited to be launching in the UK.
We will always work hard to ensure that you understand the positive role that you play in our team.
Diversity & Inclusion at First AML.
Diversity and inclusion is something we are passionate about. We are continuously looking for ways to make improvements across the business and are proud of our safe & inclusive workplace, we encourage people to bring their authentic selves to work.
About our Tech Stack.
The front end is a React app built with TypeScript and we use Apollo to consume our internal API. The back end is a GraphQL API built with .NET core, with a Postgres database.
The whole thing is hosted in containers on AWS, managed with terraform, deployed with BuildKite and monitored in DataDog.
It would be great if you had experience in a couple of these technologies but if not that’s ok by us. At First AML we foster an environment where everyone can learn and grow, so we’d be more than happy to share our wisdom with you and would like to encourage you to apply!
Our Engineering Role.
Our Engineering Team is led by Alex Henderson - VP of Engineering. Alex is an amazing people and technical leader with extensive experience in growing engineering teams that support each other so that together they can build an extraordinary product.
At First AML, Engineering work in teams - Hoiho, T?i, K?rearea and Dottrel. Each team includes 4 developers (2 Front End, 2 Back End and one of which is a Tech Lead) along with a QA.
We work on continuous delivery, where we ship numerous times throughout the day. We believe that this is the very best way to provide value to our customers.
As a team we love to collaborate - each of our engineering teams partners with a dedicated Product Manager and Designer. This way of working creates a great team environment where it nurtures our passion of delivering an exceptional product.
• You celebrate the differences of your colleagues and support everyone to be the best version of themselves
• You thrive in an environment of trust
• Supplied with the information you need, you enjoy the freedom to deliver a great product
• You understand the value of continuous delivery
• You value agility but favour pragmatism over Capital ‘A’ Agile
• You enjoy the impact you can have working in small teams and value the collaboration they bring
• You believe great products come from great teams
• You see an opportunity for growth in the things you don't know, and don’t shy away when you’re a little out of your depth.
We’re passionate about our recruitment process and we genuinely enjoy getting to know people!
We spend a good amount of time reviewing applications, especially as this is our first chance at getting to know you. If your application aligns with our values we will give you a call to learn a little more about you. Next, we will set up a virtual ‘meet & greet’ with one of our amazing team members. This is a great opportunity to chat about all things tech along with asking any questions about our team and culture too. Here, you may be invited to complete a 2 hour coding activity - there is no deadline for this, we’ll work with your schedule. Based on how things are going so far, the next step would be a formal interview with some of our wider team.
Communication is really important to us, and we will always make sure that we keep all of our candidates updated along the way.
We want you to bring your full self to work everyday! Your voice will be valued and heard, you’ll have an impact and have a lot of fun along the way.
• Diversity & Inclusion - We care passionately about diversity & equity within our teams. We have a Diversity & Inclusion Employee Resources Group that actively helps to make First AML a great place to work for everyone.
• Wellbeing Programme - Your holistic wellbeing is our number one priority. You’ll have access to subsidised medical appointments, unlimited EAP counseling (for you & your family), weekly meditation, yoga and healthy snacks.
• Family Friendly - Your family is part of our team too and our parental leave policy has been designed to ensure that. There are often little ones in the office too.
• Work From Home Policy - We offer flexible working hours, working from home to no meeting days. We’ll work with you to create something that best suits you.
• Training Allowance - $2,000 allowance dedicated to you for growth and professional development - it’s up to you how to spend it!
• Social Side - We have regular social events, from shared lunches, team outings and quiz nights.
• Plus our snack cupboard is always chocka!
If we have piqued your interest and you’d like to learn more about how we can support you in the next steps in your career, we’d love you to apply. If you are not too sure if this role is right for you just now, but you would love to catch up for a coffee to connect send us a message.