Raygun is on a mission to help our customers create perfect software experiences. Success is when our platform targets the most valuable work that engineers around the world can do to make their customers thrilled. We offer Crash Reporting, Real User Monitoring, and Application Performance Monitoring - giving engineers a toolkit to perfect their customers online experience. Raygun is trusted by some of the biggest names in business including Microsoft, Virgin, Domino’s, Coca Cola, Target, Peloton, Avis and many others. Everyday the Raygun platform processes billions of data points. There’s every chance you are using Raygun’s software several times a day without even being aware.
Raygun has a C# backend, with a React frontend, 60+ internal services that run the Raygun logic, and 50+ language providers and platform integrations. We’re using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Druid for our datastores, and messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. It’s a highly performant and efficient system running on AWS at the billion-event scale. We currently manage over 160 servers to deliver our service and we're not done yet. We’re proud of our platform and we know the right person will be excited to join us to improve it and make it even more useful for our customers.
As a SysOps Engineer for Raygun, you will be an important player in the successful delivery and management of the Raygun platform. You will have a strong understanding and passion for system administration and security. You’ll be able to clearly communicate with your peers and effectively manage your time. To be successful, you’ll need to bring a positive attitude, a passion for technology, the willingness to learn and share your knowledge, and enjoy working as part of a high performing team.
The opportunity to join a fast-growing, fast-moving company where you have a direct impact is here – are you up for the challenge? Apply Now!
A good candidate for this position:
• Has a solid background and commercial experience working on and managing IT systems.
• Has a great eye for detail.
• Has either Linux or Windows server administration know-how.
• Has good communication skills and is self-motivated.
• Has experience with hosting web based systems and managing office environments.
A great candidate for this position:
• Has extensive experience using AWS.
• Has experience with both Windows and Linux administration.
• Has commercial experience rolling out, managing and migrating high availability and high traffic IT systems.
• Keeps up with new technologies.
• Can work independently or in a small team to deliver on time and to spec.
• Can competently write scripts to automate/manage production environments.
Applicants for this position must be located in Wellington, NZ. You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
• You’ll work closely with a team of genuinely nice people, who will support you.
• You’ll get to up-skill and learn new things from other team members, and share your knowledge.
• Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
• You’ll work in the Wellington office, but have flexibility about working from home as needed.
• We have a great team culture! There are free team lunches on Fridays, a range of healthy snacks, swag, and other treats available. There are company-wide quarterly outings and celebratory dinners/events out as a team.
• Continual opportunities for growth in the direction you want to take your career—we’re serious about this and dedicate 10% learning and development time that we all actively use.
• You’ll get a competitive salary.