We’ve got big growth plans for 2022 and we’re looking for a Junior QA Test Analyst to join our high performing Development function who empower our retailers to do great things.
Our Development and QA teams are a critical part of our overall customer experience and create solutions, build exciting product features and improve our product and overall customer experience. You'll work with a team of highly skilled QA Test Analysts to maintain best practise, perform exploratory tests, automate tests and prepare test documentation which allows us to support our customers and partners.
If you're looking for a foot in the foot in the door to the fast-moving and ever-growing SaaS world, this is the role for you. You'll have a great leader and mentor in the QA Manager and QA Lead and we'll make sure you're set up to do your best work. This is a great entry level role if you're wanting to become a Tester.
While our HQ is in Auckland, we’ve been working flexibly since day dot. You can either work remotely (so long as its within NZ), base yourself from HQ or do both. What works best for you, works for us.
What you can expect:
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Assist with the development of test strategies and plans.
• Prepare, action and track manual or automated test cases.
• Detect and report issues
Prepare documentation, report results to ensure our product is world class
• We understand that starting your first role after studying can be intimidating so we’ll set you up with someone who’s done it before.
Have you got this?
• You’ll be a recent graduate with a Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
• Understand tools like Postman and Azure DevOps
• Be a dynamic, clear, concise and effective communicator - you know how to translate tech talk to non-technical teams and people
• Comfortable building relationships with all people across the business
• Have high levels of attention to detail along with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Enjoy collaborating and working in a team
• Know a little something about SaaS fundamentals
• If you have ISTQB Certification, it's not required but it is an additional bonus!
Life at Starshipit
Our people are what make us great, and our culture is something we’re especially proud of. We’re a team who love what we do. Not only are we diverse, we’re inclusive which means our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valuable and reflected in how we interact with our partners, customers and teams.
We’ve got the perks covered with:
• Additional day of annual leave for each year you’re with us
• Half day Fridays throughout the summer so you can start your weekend early and make the most of the good weather
• Free private healthcare through Southern Cross Healthcare
• Dedicated learning and development fund to support your career and performance goals
• Accelerated career growth – we’re big on promoting from within
• Flexible working opportunities which go beyond leaving early to beat the traffic.