Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
As a Product Designer at Serko, this is your opportunity to make your mark in a fast-growing company. You’ll be working with cross-functional teams to design intuitive, innovative and well-crafted product experiences informed by research that solves real problems for our growing user base.
What you will be doing:
•Working collaboratively with product managers, product analysts, software engineers and other designers.
• Prototyping concepts for new features and improvements.
• Facilitating and/or observing user research and testing of prototypes; customer interviews and other field research.
• Participating in and/or facilitating workshops during discovery and delivery.
• Gathering data about the market, user needs and behaviours through desk research and field research.
• Designing interactions and workflows using Zeno's Design System
• Collaborating with design and front-end engineers to extend the Design System and component library where required.
What you will bring:
• Proven experience as a UX/Product Designer in software and an ability to articulate how your work in this area has made an impact.
• Portfolio demonstrates impeccable foundational design skills (typography, colour, layout, interactions).
• Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research techniques and methodologies. Familiar with all the usual tools and techniques including canvases, ideation, personas, journey maps, wireframes and prototypes.
• Experienced working with and/or building and maintaining a Design System and be comfortable using Figma with Libraries.
• An understanding of atomic principles, web development and agile methodologies.
• Collaboration, team work and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) when liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
It's important to us that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
• Competitive salary + Kiwisaver + Life Insurance + A generous employee incentive share scheme
• Laptop & tools, modern office with games, exceptional coffee, snacks, and a great social atmosphere.
• Flexibility to work-from-home and with starting and finishing times
• Promotional opportunities among an established & growing global organisation
• 1:1's to help focus on your personal growth via multiple career pathways
Access to discounted:
• Southern Cross health insurance
• Gym membership
• Travel industry discounts
• Local eateries
• Free flu shots, and confidential support, guidance, and counselling services with EAP
• Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of our people - with many different nationalities proudly represented across the Serko workforce. We look for people to add to our culture.
How to Apply:
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.