Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
Due to business growth, we’re looking for Business Analyst at all levels. This is a unique Business Analysis opportunity. Like our other Business Analysts, you’ll bridge the gap between Product Management and Engineering Teams, and you'll be a conduit and translator, with an inquisitive mind which drives you to understand problems and asks “why?”. Ideally you will have worked for a Travel Management Company (TMC) in a Business Analyst, Operations or Online Booking Tool (OBT) Implementations role and have a good understanding of Serko systems, or in a role at Serko where you gained great Serko system knowledge and dealt with our TMC’s regularly achieving great outcomes for them.
What you'll be doing:
• Employ critical thinking and logic-driven analysis to define requirements to deliver exceptional customer value
• Apply slicing and planning skills to create effective and efficient work breakdowns to quickly deliver value
• Collaborate and support Engineering understanding, socialising principles, roadmaps and user stories, and facilitating cross functional communication
• Manage engineering team backlogs and lead/facilitate team ceremonies where applicable, especially grooming/refinement
• Collaborate with Product and Design teams to ensure insights learned from product discovery and design are shared with stakeholders and embedded into product lifecycle
• Work with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to clarify and solve user-facing problems
What you'll bring:
• Experience in business analysis (2+ years) or experience in product ownership in an Agile, preferably SaaS, environment
• A team player, with the ability to communicate, collaborate and empathise with internal teams or clients and remain flexible in achieving the right outcome
• Able to effectively translate business and customer needs into product solutions
• Ability to work in an agile manner and pivot easily where required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong facilitation and leadership skills, with the ability to lead engineering teams in product delivery
• Able to manage stakeholders effectively to build understanding and consensus
• Self-managing, requiring limited direction from others
• Has a growth mindset
It's important to us that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
• Competitive salary + Kiwisaver + Life Insurance + A generous employee incentive share scheme
• Laptop & tools, modern office with games, exceptional coffee, snacks, and a great social atmosphere!
• Flexibility to work-from-home and with starting and finishing times
• Promotional opportunities among an established & growing global organisation
• 1:1's to help focus on your personal growth via multiple career pathways
Access to discounted:
• Southern Cross health insurance
• Gym membership
• Travel industry discounts
• Local eateries
• Free flu shots, and confidential support, guidance, and counselling services with EAP
• Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of our people - with many different nationalities proudly represented across the Serko workforce. We look for people to add to our culture.
How to Apply:
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.