Full Stack Developer
Bring your drive, curiosity and obsession to building amazing products to continue the rapid growth of a global leader in agri-fintech. Figured is a SaaS business that’s helping drive the business of farming with over 30,000 farmers and their advisors worldwide already using the software to manage their farm’s finances. If you enjoy problem solving, working with smart, positive people, and want to spread your development wings, then this might just be the role for you.
A little about us:
Figured is one of New Zealand's rising tech stars, now growing in Australia, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. And, we need a skilled Business Development Manager to help us get to the next level of our growth journey.
One of the biggest causes of stress for farmers comes from not knowing their financial position, not feeling in control, and not feeling supported. Figured provides peace of mind by providing them with clarity and control, and by connecting them to their financial advisors.
We're looking for a sharp full stack developer prepared to roll their sleeves up and dive into great technical challenges and help us continue to build our amazing Figured product. Naturally you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible and supportive startup culture.
8 years in, we might not get away with calling ourselves a startup but we lead with those core principles that continue to make us successful today and give us plenty of autonomy and ownership with equal amounts of challenges and support.
We realise that good product developers can hop across stacks so we're not too fussed if you don't tick all the tech boxes, lots of our developers are technology agnostic too. We are more interested in your overall talent across and your ambitions to learn and make an impact
You'll work alongside like-minded, sharp individuals that will help you bridge any tech gaps (as you will for them).
A day of a dev at Figured:
• We run a hybrid work environment, this means when it's safe to be in the office we typically spend our week between enjoying a fun filled, high energy workspace in the heart of the CBD and the comfort of our own homes
• You’ll work with an immediate team (pod) comprising of around 4-5 developers and a wider development team of around 25 developers
• You’ll kick off your day with a short walk with your colleagues to the local cafe and the best bit is that your coffee (or whatever else you prefer) is on Figured! This might happen before or after the team’s standup (why not both!).
• Your team will own end to end feature development of a core part of the Figured App or Intelligence Platform. Working on everything from scoping, architecture to testing and delivery, alongside your product and customer success partners
• Fix it Fridays will take you out of the usual feature development groove and get you working on those fixes, this is core to ensuring our product endures and our customers are still crushing on us. We’ll reward your efforts with a catered lunch with the wider NZ team.
To ace the role, you will need:
• People skills: experience working in a highly collaborative development team, Figured is a team sport, communication and collaboration are key.
• Be you: our diversity in thinking is our secret sauce and it comes from having people with diverse experiences and backgrounds
• Solid backend development experience in PHP, Ideally Laravel, but similar MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony) is also desirable
• Experience developing cloud products in Amazon AWS or similar environments
• Strong database experience including relational and non-relational (ideally MySQL and MongoDB)
• Modern collaborative development tools, including CI/CD
• Experience developing complex SaaS tools
• Experience with test-driven development
What's in it for you:
Celebrating impact is one of our dev principles! you’ve worked hard to build your skills, make every line of code count towards making this world better.
A highly sophisticated solution with intricate business logic and great data complexities, an amazing playground for someone looking to flex all their dev muscles.
Developer experience matters
We deeply care about developer experience - in fact, it's another one of our dev principles, we want devs focusing on the important things like building product that solves our customer's problems, and to do that they need a low friction environment, expect to be able to set yourself up for success from day one.
Progressive tech stack
Tech stack - we’re not in the business of chasing fads for the sake of it, we do go for lightweight, well supported, low friction technology choices that can handle our complex logic and scale needs, this has meant we ended up with a great progressive stack which we deliberately stay on top of the latest versioning to reap the support benefits.
And the works...
• A real purpose to what you do - How about helping the industry that feeds the world
• Growth all around - When immersing yourself into a fast-growing company, you’ll be elevating your experience to the next level. $2K per year to spend on your personal development, doesn't have to be tied to your role at Figured.
• Flexibility - We care more about the impact you’re making and less about where and how you work, this means you can enjoy working from home/cafe/beach and the energy and buzz of being in market and seeing your customers and partners.
• Fun! - Whether you are working fully remote or from home, you will enjoy a fun vibrant culture and plenty of social connections.
This is a great opportunity to be part of something big where you can’t help but grow and develop a product that is revolutionising the business of farming. This will be your life’s best work!
So if this is your jam then wait no more, hit us up with an application that demonstrates your passion and mad skills in taking on this awesome role.
Where to find us