We’re searching for a one-of-a-kind person to join our development team to have direct impact on the tools we develop and the difference we can make to our clients.
This role is a senior developer role working with a product owner and a chapter lead in an agile software development environment. You will be working closely with other developers and UI/UX designers to build a reliable, maintainable, and consistent web experience. Your work will have a direct impact on the efficiency of our system and the UX of our customers.
You will have exceptionally high standards and love solving difficult challenges. You will be a high achiever and love to work at a place that values this.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company, so when it comes to your own personal development, the sky is the limit! You will be well cared for and supported every step of the way. If you want an environment where you can grow and develop, and find new roles and opportunities in your work, then this is the place for you.
At Tax Traders, we hire for character and competence. We work with every team member to create the job that best suits their unique skills and capabilities.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
• Responsibility for improvements to our existing platform, continuously improving the experience for our users whether internal or external.
• Collaboration with members of the wider team on new features and new products.
• Writing highly functional code with unit tests.
• Peer review of code and maintain coding standards.
To do well in this role, we think you’ll need:
• High levels of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm about your craft, excellent problem-solving skills and a genuine love of technical challenges.
• Experience with developing and documenting RESTful APIs.
• Experience crafting efficient database queries and an awareness of scalability considerations.
• Preferably some systems configuration and administration skills with a Linux operating system.
• A knack for debugging and testing.
• Mastery of git version control and experience with an issue tracking system such as Jira.
• The willingness to take and give honest feedback, reflect and grow as a result with high levels of self-awareness and a growth mind-set.
• A commitment to the wider vision and mission of Tax Traders, an excellent alignment with our culture and DNA, and a good level of comfort with change.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a personable manner, predisposition for teamwork and adaptability.
• A desire to bring your whole self to work and embrace and contribute to the culture of the organisation.
• Dynamic, successful, high growth, fintech company with huge opportunities ahead.
• Purpose lead, people first, strong DNA and culture. Certified B-Corp.
• Incredible commitment to you, your development and your wellbeing.
• Work for a profitable, well-established fintech company that still feels like a start-up with high growth and expansion.
• We place our people first with a leading well-being programme in place, including free access to counsellors, coaches and psychologists.
• Experience pathways for growth and expansion with time off each week for personal and professional development.
• We are constantly innovating and value competence, expertise, risk-taking and psychological safety.
• We love our working parents - on-site nanny two days a week, after-school club and more.
• We offer competitive salaries, flexible working arrangements and a supportive and fun company culture.
• We have a beautiful new office space in Newmarket with parking.