If you want to sum MOBI up in one line, we’re a market leading digital ordering and customer engagement partner. But we believe there’s so much more to it than that. Because we’re on a mission to help hospitality brands around the world connect with their customers, own their brand experience, and take control of their digital futures.
Founded in New Zealand in 2010, we’re already helping over 900 brands in 35+ countries, the likes of Papa Johns, Carl’s Jr and Wild Wing, we’ve already expanded our team into Canada, UK and Australia, and quite frankly, we’re not slowing down. Come, jump on board, and experience life at MOBI.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our Wellington team (however we’re open to you being anywhere in New Zealand). You’ll be the key person in moving MOBI’s infrastructure forward, uplifting and setting the foundations for a fast, stable and scalable solution. This role is a really awesome opportunity to make a difference and use your expertise to educate and cement best practices into our MOBI teams.
What a day at MOBI may look like for you:
• You’ll be working closely with our platform team as well as our senior architect to provide a great foundation for our engineers to build on
• Improve existing infrastructure (Puppet based) and then migrating to new multi-region AWS Environment based on Gruntworks reference architecture (with Terraform)
• Assist with cloud performance audits, process and cost optimisation
• Help build services and patterns that will enable our small product based engineering teams
• Develop and enhance our infrastructure as Code processes
• Provide tuning advice for infrastructure so we can continuously improve our performance
The skills and attributes you’ll bring:
• Ideally a senior level of development experience, perhaps you have also worked with terraform or the segmentation and creation of independent services
• Excellent knowledge of cloud platforms, with experience implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS (or similar)
• Communication skills will be essential as you’ll need to be able to work independently and collaboratively with tight feedback loops
• You’re a dynamic problem solver, able to adjust with changing situations and priorities
We offer a range of perks designed to help keep you happy and healthy. Here’s just a selection:
• Your day, your way - Make your day work for you with flexible working arrangements
• Rocket leave - If we hit our monthly revenue target, everyone gets an additional day off to recharge
• A birthday treat - Cake or no cake, a day off on your birthday means you can celebrate however you like
• Back to the books - Upskill or up your game. There’s funded opportunities to take your careers to the next level and 10% of your time to be used on your development.
• Share the love - We’re in this together. So with virtual share plan options, the whole company is invested in MOBI’s future.