Looking for a pretty extraordinary opportunity? We need someone to take the reigns for the majority of our finances. This role is not for the faint of heart and you do not need to be a qualified accountant. You must however love numbers and be able to run complex systems. We need you to have an exceptional ability to cut to the facts, focus on what is highest value and deliver rapid results. We believe in giving you the tools to get your job done, then getting out of your way.
We are growing crazy fast. We need someone to level up our financial operations. Reporting into the CFO, this is a great opportunity for huge personal growth and to make your mark on the space industry. For the right candidate, you will be responsible for all day to day financial and accounting operations as well as helping to forecast, plan and build our future. You will work with our global teams.
We would love you to have:
• At least 5-10 years in an engineering and/or accounting background.
• An exceptional ability to cut to the facts, focus on what is highest value and deliver rapid results.
• A passion for modelling to derive truly deep insight, spreadsheets and making the complex simple.
• Ability to rapidly read and interrogate financial statements typical of a company growing exponentially, identifying red flags and golden opportunities.
• An intrinsic understanding of the aspects of finance that matter to executives, R&D and production teams who are all in a rapidly evolving environment.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively and confidently with key stakeholders, and operate at all levels within the global team.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently.
• Superior attention to detail, you are fast and accurate.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Work with the CFO to produce modelling and analysis in order to support capital raising in the tens of millions of dollars.
• For the right candidate, you will quickly be promoted into a financial controller and potentially CFO role.
• Develop forecasts, identify opportunities and quantify risks.
• Build, maintain and operate the accounting and financial systems.
• Drive automation efforts where possible and efficiently outsource low value work.
• Produce timely, high-quality management reporting to support critical decision making.
• Drive an ongoing process improvement program to increase efficiency, speed to insight, and safeguard integrity of financial information.
Who you are:
• Maybe you are an engineer who has run big projects and can read a P&L in your sleep. Maybe you are an accountant who knows all the dumb things traditional accounting involves and you have no interest in perpetuating those methods. Either way, you are highly innovative and know you can build an epic financial system.
• Your entrepreneurial spirit drives you to treat every endeavour with commitment, ownership and pride
• You are results-driven and hands-on. You don’t mind working at any level to get the job done.
• You thrive under pressure, and enjoy fast-paced multicultural work environments.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.