We’re more than a software company, we’re creating a community to power the world’s most loved client experience, and we’re looking for the right people to jump on the rocket ship with us and lift off.
This is where you come in!
The core purpose of the product designer is to make it as easy as possible for our community to manage their businesses successfully. The product designer ensures that the Timely product solves the right problems for our community and is not only easy to use, but a delight to use. This role will help Timely achieve its goals by helping our community be more successful by designing solutions that add value to their businesses, and aspiring to improve experiences between our community and their clients.
As the sole product designer in your agile team, you’ll be a strong generalist product designer – confidently able to take a project all the way from discovery to delivery. You’ll be the advocate for our community and take ownership of the user experience in your projects.
Timely lives in a competitive market and we live by the value 'Customers are our sun' which is all about keeping our customers at the forefront of all decisions we make and building a product that serves them. Ensuring that Timely is easy to use is how we can have a strong point of difference that empowers our customers to succeed.
We’d love to hear from you if…
• You have at least 3 years experience designing for SaaS products across mobile and/or web
• You have experience working in an agile environment – you will be the sole product designer on your agile team and projects
• Can solve complex problems with elegant design flows and interactions
• Able to produce low-fidelity prototypes to start conversations
• Expertise in a visual design tool – Figma or equivalent
• Self-motivated and pragmatic – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities
• Able to write clear and concise UX copy
• Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting
• Empathy for our community – you will be able to deeply understand our community, their environment, the issues they face, and how Timely can help them be more successful
Why join us?
We lead with inclusion and use our values to inform our decisions. We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate the things that make us unique.
The nitty gritty:
• This role is full time, permanent and can be based anywhere in Aotearoa.
• You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
• The interviews for this role will total around 2.5 hours.
Ready to apply?
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first. Sounds good to you? Don’t wait any longer...click ‘Apply’ and let’s chat!
Let us know in your application any considerations which would enable your experience in our recruitment process to be more inclusive, such as non-traditional application formats.
Applications close when we find the right person!
We trust our team to work where they are the most productive. You’ll have the flexibility to work from home or the office and utilise #timelylife. We have office spaces in Auckland, Wellington & Dunedin and we provide a high-spec home office set up.
We set a high bar and support our team to innovate and never stop learning. You’ll enjoy a professional development budget to fuel your growth, and an annual wellness allowance to fund the things that support your wellbeing. To us, people experience means creating an environment where you can flourish and achieve.