Upstock is a marketplace for wholesale buyers and suppliers. It’s used by thousands of top restaurants, cafes, bars and grocery markets – along with hundreds of their food & beverage suppliers – to simplify wholesale ordering.
We work with the best food and drink brands on the market, the hottest eateries, bars and markets, in the best locations.
We’re on a trajectory to be one of the world’s top B2B marketplace and ecommerce platforms. We’re a high growth startup founded by the creators of Xero.
We’re looking for:
- Experience in SaaS sales, both inbound and outbound – marketplace experience would be ideal
- We’ll also consider sales experience in hospitality or FMCG
- The dream would be experience in all of the above!
- We operate as a remote company – you can be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane with the ability to travel regularly to other regions
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll help us quickly expand market share and brand awareness in Australia.
- You’ll achieve a high rate of customer and revenue growth.
- You’ll quickly convert leads into customers, providing an easy and compelling customer experience.
- You’ll be an inspiration to the team, setting and achieving impressive targets.
- You’ll help the wider team have a deeper understanding of our customers.
- You’ll help the wider team identify new opportunities to increase sales and create a better customer experience, improving our ability to attract and land more awesome customers.
Benefits of working with Upstock:
- Work with a remarkable team. Upstock was founded by the creators of Xero. We built one of the most successful startups in the world, and we want your help to build the next one. We're focused on having fun, building well crafted software, growing a business we love for customers we adore.
- We have strong backing. We’re well funded with backing from multiple VC firms and tech investors from NZ, AU, UK and the US – including the founders of major startup successes including Xero, Vend, Sharesies, Karbon, Campaign Monitor, Pepperstone, among numerous others.
- Our success is your success. Along with a competitive salary, top gear, travel and dining expenses, wellness support, and various other perks, you’ll participate in our share option programme so you gain from any economic upside we achieve together.
- The best is yet to come. We’re a small, early stage team, so you have a lot of influence over shaping our business and our culture. We plan to stay small and grow sensibly, to maintain balance and agility.
- Our customers are a dream. The best food and drink you can imagine – and we're providing a platform to enable more amazing products to be produced and distributed so the world can enjoy them, while reducing so much waste and inefficiency.
How we operate:
We are a highly collaborative, highly transparent, highly motivated team. We’re focused on delivering the best customer experience – everything else will follow.
We operate as a remote business, with staff located in different cities and countries. We hold all meetings by video. We have regular in-person team events throughout the year. We offer access to coworking offices for people who prefer a dedicated work space.
We work iteratively, breaking big projects into small deliverables. We track the impact of our work to continuously learn, adapt and improve. We measure results against weekly, monthly and annual targets so we know how we’re performing and what needs to improve. We encourage creativity and experimentation. We test before we invest.