Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a SaaS that is diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
Our purpose is to "Bring People Together", coupled with a vision to "Create a Connected, Frictionless Travel Experience". While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers.
Our mission is to "Build the World's Leading Business Travel Marketplace"! We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change. We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
We are looking for an intermediate Site Reliability Engineer to make our production infrastructure more repeatable and reliable as we become a global player. We are rebuilding our group rooted in the DevOps philosophy, which brings the opportunity to bring your creativity as we bring a fresh approach to how we build and deploy our production services.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams on a rotation basis to drive repeatability and reliability in our production infrastructure
- Work with other SREs to identify components that we can extract, refine and share to make all teams’ lives easier such as developer tooling, build automation, provisioning, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Produce clean, consistent and well-organised code to automate our infrastructure, builds, deployments and configuration all running for our production stack:
- Azure infrastructure and platform services
- MS SQL, Redis and Azure storage
- Elastic Search and Kibana
- Lead the way in how we design, manage and improve our production infrastructure.
- Install and configure SERKO applications in our production environment
- Work with the teams by running blameless post-mortems identify and implement improvements to make our products more reliable
- Work in a “build it and run it” environment where engineering teams build, deploy, monitor and support their components that they own
- Define ways that we measure production operations and support engineering teams to implement monitoring where relevant.
- Lead the way in how design, implement and improvement our deployment and production infrastructure
- Mentor and coach other engineers at any-level. Everyone has something to learn and something to share!
What would you bring to the role?
- Python scripting (or similar) is hugely advantageous, boardering on a must have.
- Hand-on experience managing production infrastructure.
- Experienced working in agile development team that applied and experimented with infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Willingness to jump into our legacy infrastructure to help modernise it.
- Excited to learn about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers.
- Open to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive work environment.
- Great verbal and written communication.
- Experience with our languages is a plus (PowerShell, C#, TypeScript, Python).
It's important to us that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- Serko has a culture where our people bring their whole selves to work, where we believe that inclusion & diversity make us better
- A competitive base salary and opportunity to take part in our employee incentive share scheme, KiwiSaver global equivalent) and life insurance
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements, where you get to choose how to best structure your day and week so you can be at your best
- Support for the Primary Caregiver transitioning back to work after leave – work 3 days and paid 5 days for the first month back to work
- Access to travel industry discounts
- A focus on both wellbeing and doing, including:
- Wellbeing & volunteer days, focused meeting free time
- Discounted Southern Cross health insurance (NZ), free flu shots, and access to confidential support, guidance, and counselling service
- Enhanced parental leave including
- 20 weeks on full pay for the primary caregiver
- Three weeks of paid Partner Leave
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.