9Spokes is a small business banking insights platform: a modern interface endowed with banking, cash flow, and business insights for your customer and consented access to real-time performance insights for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior DevOps Engineer! This role is all about connecting the live product with the engineering teams and customer to resolve problems and impediments efficiently and quickly. This role supports a true world-leading technology product during a high-growth phase and the right candidate should not be afraid of getting stuck in! Working as part of a team of cross-functional peers, this role will participate in live operation as well as agile development practices for delivering outcomes in alignment to the company strategy.
Reporting to the Lead DevOps Engineer the role is hands-on with responsibilities for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, implementing solutions, maintaining integration to third party applications and working with agile teams to help them resolve their infrastructure problems. A key to success is ability to work problems through to solution and connecting the right people so we can deliver a product that our customers love in a complex and fast-moving environment.
• Provide DevSecOps support, including resolution of platform incidents in environments supported by the DevSecOps team
• Work with DevSecOps team to deliver uptime and response time SLAs
• Manage deployments of product updates and fixes
• Help develop the CI/CD automation frameworks to reduce manual processes and increase efficiencies
• Provide Level 2 technical support
• Build tools and scripts to reduce occurrences of errors and improve efficiency
• Design and improve procedures promoting best practice across the teams for your area of expertise
• Participate in agile team practices
• Evolve and document operational procedures
• Actively participate in security operation on the platform
• Participate in an on-call roster
• Experience with operating largescale web software applications
• Experience from a technology company
• Experience with Cloud technologies preferably Azure
• Experience working with Kubernetes and containerised solutions
• Strong understanding of security, networking, infrastructure and operating systems
• Great understanding of security implementation in cloud environments
• Understanding of agile software development methodologies and a solid understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Build Automation
• Strong scripting skills using Helm, Shell Script and Python as optional
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
• Confident in articulating ideas to key stakeholders across the business and bring others along 'on the journey'
• Knowledge of Lean and Agile principals
• Software or SaaS, as well as global, experience preferred
At 9Spokes, we’re keen innovators. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, unafraid of a challenge and ever-ready to get stuck in. As an early tech business with a global team, it’s important that you’re a flexible team player who can self-motivate and take initiative. You’ll be analytical and a practical problem solver who thrives in creative environments and enjoys keeping up with the latest developments. You will be confident in challenging the status-quo, be inquisitive and be up for the opportunity of working with one of New Zealand’s leading tech companies.
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience, apply now as we're keen to get you started ASAP!