Partly's mission is to connect the world's parts. We're building the first global platform for replacement parts, starting with auto parts. We've more than tripled our team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size over the next 18 months. We're a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia.
Founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers, we utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
We provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Partly's solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.) led both our Pre-Seed and Seed rounds, alongside I2BF (NYC), Hillfarrance, Icehouse, Peter Beck (Rocket Lab), Akshay Kothari (Notion Co-Founder) and Dylan Field (Figma Co-Founder).
We're continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring Partly is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. We're proud of the culture we've built at Partly, and our values are lived throughout every experience.
The Director of Marketing role will play a foundational role in establishing and executing Partly’s go-to-market strategy. You will lead demand generation, customer insights, sales enablement and manage key partnerships as we rapidly scale the business.
With a global remit, you will support Partly's expansion, working cross-functionally with our Sales, Customer Success, Data, Product and Engineering teams.
You will report to Tony Austin (Co-founder & Chief Strategy Officer).
What will you do
- Define and execute marketing strategies and programs. Build awareness, acquire net new accounts, increase customer usage and build the Partly brand across all sales segments & geographies
- Represent the voice of the customer. Develop deep customer insight through segmentation, anecdotes and qualitative and quantitative measures and processes used to inform the product roadmap
- Continually experiment and introduce new marketing approaches. Identify new ways to engage customers and prospects in innovative ways while seeking the 'Sweet spot of scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad but targeted reach.
- Define and lead our partnership strategy. Build and own the relationship with partners who can accelerate Partly's goals more efficiently and effectively.
- Team building (in time). You will be getting your hands dirty and initially owning both the strategy and execution. However, as we grow, you will be responsible for hiring world-class marketing professionals to help deliver demand generation, sales enablement and partner marketing programs at scale.
- Tracking, analysis and reporting. Track, measure, and analyse the performance of marketing campaigns and report results internally. Work closely with Sales & Customer Success to identify and track joint goals around funnel leads, pipeline revenue, sales opportunities and conversion.
- You have deep B2B marketing experience. You'll have 8+ years of relevant marketing experience, plus experience marketing B2B technology products or managing complex and/or technical programs.
- You excel working cross-functionally. As a strong team player and leader, you can influence, work cross-functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive in highly collaborative and fast-paced environments.
- You have built and led high-performing teams. You'll have 3+ years of people management experience and a proven track record of leading high-performing teams that create and execute field and partner marketing programs.
- You can define and deliver complex marketing programs. With proven success managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs, you can drive projects from ideation to completion.
- You ruthlessly prioritise, balancing short and long-term investments. You have experience working with leadership and sales teams to drive pipeline and revenue. You're adept at making resource allocation decisions and tradeoffs to make the appropriate long-term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of results.
- You are ambitious and adaptable. Your career path demonstrates increasing responsibility and proven success in delivering measurable marketing results. You love taking on challenging problems and have the analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and ability to find creative ways to optimise performance.
- You're passionate about the customer. You're incredibly customer-centric and, ideally, have a passion for cars and/or the automotive industry.
- Note: this role will require you to travel from time to time, and although not a requirement, speaking multiple languages is a plus.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, we offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours and location. We have an office-first culture, but you can work remotely or from home whenever it suits you. There are no fixed hours so you can choose to work when you’re most effective.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one of the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Cultural lunches. Monthly team lunches to eat food from another culture and celebrate our team's ethnic diversity.
- Ergonomic workspace. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.
Note: Partly is headquartered in Christchurch but has employees across NZ, AU and UK. If relocating to Christchurch, we would cover those costs. If working remote, we would pay for any visits to HQ (at least once per quarter).