If you have a keen-to-learn attitude and the desire to contribute as an integral part of a high impact, high performance team, then this may be the opportunity you’re looking for. We’re looking for an intermediate software developer ready to take the next step in their career to join our DevOps team in their work to keep the Matomo Cloud platform secure, highly available, fast and up to date.
We are the creators of Matomo, the leading open source web analytics solution that gives people full control of their data and built-in privacy. We have challenges to solve and great opportunities to roll up your sleeves, working with many AWS tools to manage our hosted service.
We are fully remote and we collaborate online. We are a small, flexible team, and when you come onboard you will play an integral part in engineering. You’ll help us to make our products better and deliver a great experience to our customers.
- Maintain, deploy, monitor and improve our AWS hosted SaaS web analytics platform.
- Keep the platform secure, fast, always available, and up to date.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with the team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Document the infrastructure and processes.
- Be On-Call on a rotational basis (half of the time, including nights and weekends).
- 3+ years commercial experience in product development with PHP
- Experience in PHP, SQL performance optimisation and security best practices
- Some exposure to and understanding of network, high availability and server resources
- Comfortable with Linux command line
- Ideally skilled at writing automated tests and reviewing code
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic
- Attention to detail
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Some experience working with AWS
- Willing to provide on-call support
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be based in New Zealand, Japan, or immigrate to New Zealand (we can sponsor visa)
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Earn extra for being on-call
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- We’ll help you gain AWS certifications
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skill set