The work we do on a daily basis, whether it be the code we write, the customer support we provide or the psychology embedded within our product, it all goes toward preventing a child from being bullied, highlighting someone in need of academic support or making a school a safer, happier place for all. This is what drives us.
About the role
As Business Development Manager, your role will be full of variety. As well as being close to our schools with the team, your purpose is to:
- Prospect new business leads to secure new schools, with the mission to continuously close new business (these two steps are crucial to your success in the role)
- Impact the business growth through new sales and a persistent mindset under the sales guidelines
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders at our schools to ensure quality customer experience
- Actively participating in and assisting with achieving all company and department OKRs
- Actively work closely with the CEO to achieve the monthly sales targets
What we're looking for in our Business Development Manager:
You are passionate and dedicated to ensuring customers are delivered the best experience along with solving their problems. You can lead on engaging with prospective customers at different stages through the sales cycle. You can communicate customer feedback and issues with technical and non-technical stakeholders internally. Does this sound like you? Then keep reading!
- You will be an amazing team player (not only working within the Sales team, but across the wider team)
- Highly driven and organised (you will put the rest of the office to shame with your incredible organisational skills)
- Impeccable communication skills (you are a whizz at keeping your pipeline up to date and the CEO)
- Have a roll up your sleeves and get stuck in attitude (this is a requirement working in a startup environment)
- Full of resilience and determination (working in the world of startups is not for the faint hearted and can be hard work in the beginning whilst you establish yourself and your territories)
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically on a regular basis (we have big plans for 2023 - so you will need a valid passport ready when you start)
- N.B: You will need to be COVID vaccinated if the country we are travelling to requires proof of your vaccination status
- Ready to make a difference in the world with a company that will directly impact human lives, by enabling students to handle life issues better than ever before!
- You enjoy working with a wide range of people, and thrive on the diversity of a team!
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise sales experience (in both Software and working with Schools)
- Experience across the entire customer sales cycle
- Experience within a startup sales environment
- Proactive and driven to connect with new potential customers regularly through various communication channels
- Understanding of customer success processes and handovers
- A self-starter with a track record of successful sales development at multiple levels within an organisation
- A numbers-driven mindset and ability to analyse sales metrics to reflect on areas for growth and development
- Confidence to present and demonstrate to audiences and key stakeholders at schools
- Understanding of software solutions and how they can revolutionise industries, ideally EdTech
- Able to communicate customer feedback for leading product improvements
- Ability to positively contribute to marketing strategies
- Work actively to up skill your learning and development to become the best you can be
- You are excited at the opportunity to travel internationally & domestically (for conferences and school visits) and getting in front of clients in person (where possible)
- FYI this is vital to the success of the role. We need you to be proactive about getting face time with new leads (or existing clients) at all times when possible!
- Hubspot or equivalent tools
What an average day could look like:
- Work alongside other sales and marketing staff to expand the company’s customer base
- Listen and respond to customer needs while using the product
- A combination of face-to-face customer contact through regular product demonstrations and school events
- Proactively prospect, qualify and close new business
Some key examples of this are: you need to be running outbound campaigns through CRMs, utilising phone calls, developing different tactics to prospect leads and communicating with the relevant team members when needed during these processes.
- Connecting with prospective and existing customers to maintain strong relationships
- Identify opportunities to develop the market position and brand exposure
- Communicating customer feedback to key internal stakeholders in the product team for future development
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest trends on school-wide and student wellbeing strategies
- Taking responsibility for the school-wide rollout of the product that customers love
- Be a leader and shape the growth of Komodo and take your career to the next level.
- Employee Stock Option plan to own part of the company you are making a difference in.
- Ten days sick leave from day 1
- Company-wide ‘Magic Moments' and ‘High 5’s’
- Annual Wellbeing Allowance (per calendar year)
- Annual Personal Development Allowance (per calendar year)
- Regular check in’s and 1-1’s with your team lead
- ‘AMA’ Monthly Sessions (Ask Me Anything with the Co-Founders)
- Annual Remuneration reviews (per calendar year)
- A proactive approach to your personal development and growth - monthly meetings
- Freedom and ownership of your work
- A real work life balance
- Komodo Merchandise
- A dog friendly office!