Ruby Play Network is on a mission to take gaming into a new realm and bring more joy into the world, and we need the right people to make it happen. Join us on our journey!
We’re a growing team of incredibly talented and diverse individuals who are always keen to learn and have fun. We offer:
- An innovative, fun culture and growth-focused team
- The flexibility to make a real impact and have work/life balance
- A team of authentic, talented and passionate people who believe deeply in what we are doing and love working together to make magic happen
- We have offices in Wellington, Westport and Christchurch, NZ. We like to be together in the office several days per week to catch up, but we also have great flexibility to work from home.
Are you passionate about software development? Do you have a knack for solving problems and working with a small team? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment in which no two days are the same? Then you may be the perfect fit for the position of Lead Game Developer at Ruby Play Network. And guess what? We’re hiring!
We are looking for a full stack developer to work in the team for our rapidly growing gaming platform. This opportunity will allow you to use the skills you have in frontend and backend development, with the primary focus being on game development.
If these software development areas excite you, come and play with us:
- Microservices architecture
- CI/CD delivery using docker containers
- API design
- Database design
- Working with GraphQL
- Feature Flagging
- Frontend development
- Server-authoritative gameplay
- Simulations and mathematical models
We use the following technology stacks:
Some of the tasks you’ll be involved in are:
- Developing new games
- Porting our current games to Phaser 3
- Working with artists to add new effects / animations / sounds
- Creating new features to entertain our players
- Creating and maintaining backend services for complex game types
- Developing a strategy and execution plan for our games team
- Communicating with the leadership team to maintain visibility
Preferred Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent communication
- Familiarity with game programming, especially 2D and for browsers on both desktop and mobile
- Bonus points for any experience with Phaser 2 or 3
- Animations, tweening, texture atlases/sprite sheets
- Event driven input systems
- HTML / CSS skills, especially using VueJS / Svelte / Tailwind
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and work with deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a close team environment
- Proactive and organised
- Demonstrates critical thinking and attention to detail
- Understanding and appreciation of social gambling games
- Experience providing guidance and mentoring to other team members
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK AT RubyPlay Network
- We have a high performance culture with oodles of energy, ambition, and belief
- We have modern systems and ways of working and we prioritise being efficient and effective in all that we do
- We're thoughtful about lifestyle balance
- As a team and business we are constantly looking for ways to grow, to be inspired, and to learn from each other and from our community
- We are empathetic, open, and honest with each other at all times.
*Don’t tick all the boxes? We still encourage you to apply as we are looking for individuals to grow with the team, and promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Ruby Play Network.