Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens.
Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers, to marketers, videographers, photographers and more. We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we're a passionate B Corp
, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose, mission and values on our website.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time - where we can, let’s make work, work for you! Our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Australia or New Zealand, and while we all mostly work from home we’re proud of how we keep our global team connected.
The Developer Effectiveness team is focused on identifying ways to improve the capabilities of delivery teams at Envato. The team does this by a combination of working directly with teams on specific goals, as well as finding general strategic opportunities across all teams. The team works across the whole scope of the software delivery lifecycle.
About The Role
As a Lead Engineer, you will provide thought leadership and technical expertise across the Acquisition engineering team. Your deep understanding of business needs as well as your guidance to the teams in designing and building technical solutions will greatly impact business outcomes.
The Acquisition team is focused on our subscription marketplace and specifically how customers are acquired to the platform. This role will provide leadership and technical guidance for engineers as well as drive new practises and initiatives to uplift how the teams work and improve current processes.
- Engages with delivery teams to help shape and critique their technical designs
- Guides the technical evolution of our platforms while focusing on business outcomes
- Educates the team on emerging technologies and approaches that are relevant to business
- Has a holistic view of the technical ecosystem across the entire business and proactively engages with other technical leaders to ensure mutual understanding, cooperation and coordination
- Displays a high level of maturity in problem solving, maintaining a healthy balance between commercial and technical decisions and investments
- Creates and maintains a technical vision and roadmap for their areas of influence that serve as a framework for technical decision making
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, mentoring and support of other developers and technical leaders
- Leads by example, promoting the Envato values and behaviours
- Leads delivery of mid to large scale projects by cross-functional teams
- Manages multiple stakeholder interactions and expectations
- Reports on project progress and roadblocks
- Coordinates developers on the team to ensure the component parts of a solution come together to form the whole solution
- Is likely to have 10+ years of technical experience in their field, including lead responsibility on several projects
- Has experience presenting high level technical designs and architecture to technical and non-technical audiences
- Has proven experience designing, building and operating large scale web applications
- Has proven ability to lead and deliver multiple projects over a period of time
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the commercial context of technical initiatives and have shaped technical outcomes based on that information
- Effectively takes and gives constructive feedback to work towards a better solution
- Effectively and proactively communicates with stakeholders for delivery of required and desired functionalityIs professionally self aware and can objectively and dispassionately evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses
- Proactively seeks and acts upon feedback on their performance from stakeholders and managersEngages with the technology community and helps grow Envato as a technical brand
- Displays honesty, openness, fairness, transparency and integrity in line with the Envato values
Some of the great things we offer
• We provide Macs or HP’s for you to do your best work, as well as a generous tech spend allowance of $1800 (AU) / $2000 (NZ) for an initial tech set-up to suit your needs, and an ongoing allowance
• Home office setup contribution - all employees receive a one off payment of $1000 (AU) / $1200 (NZ) to create or uplift your home office working space
• Monthly contribution to support work from home costs $50 (AU) / $60 (NZ)
• Paid Parental Leave - Envato offers the Primary Carer 20 weeks leave at full pay (with the option to take it as 40 weeks at half pay), and for partner parental leave we offer 3 weeks full pay for eligible team members
• In addition to paid parental leave, we also pay superannuation on the paid and unpaid portion of the Primary Carer period for up to 12 months
• Employees receive an annual individual allowance to connect with colleagues as you choose $150 (AU) / $160 (NZ)
• Profit share - when Envato generates a profit in a given financial year, we share a portion of that profit with staff
• An annual individual Learning & Development budget for each employee
• Free Envato Elements subscription for side gigs/personal use
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• We’re B Corp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team
• We support the flexibility to work from anywhere (and the opportunity to combine work & travel) by supporting our people to work from almost any location in the world for up to 3 months every year, and offering up to 20 days of additional purchased leave
• We removed standard hours from our employment contracts to empower our people to work in a way that makes sense to them
• We are committed to supporting the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our people. Through our Health & Wellbeing program, Thrive, we offer a range of options and benefits throughout the year
• We support working parents through a range of initiatives, including being a proud partner with Grace Papers
• As part of our values and vision, Envato contributes 2% of profits to charities in each of the three main countries we operate in (Australia, Mexico, and the US)