Hnry automatically pays and files all taxes for contractors, freelancers, and sole traders, so they never have to think about tax again. We are one of the fastest growing digital accounting agencies across Australia and New Zealand.
We are searching for our next Product Owner to join our Tax Calculations and Government Integrations team.
The day to day
- Working closely with a highly collaborative and cross functional team of engineers and internal customer representatives to plan and delivery key changes to our platform
- Making prioritisation decisions in collaboration with leadership team and stakeholders
- Managing the product backlog for our internal teams
- Drive better decision making and setting goals to push the core foundation of the Hnry service and delivery optimal accuracy and performance
- Analysing market and regulatory trends as well as platform data to ensure our customers feel confident in our product
- Following agile practices to build, measure and learn at pace
- Engaging with Hnry customers, Product Designers and Product leadership to better deliver a great experience online and offline
The Hnry Team
- We are a fast-moving, highly collaborative and motivated company, that is growing quickly
- We have a relentless focus on the customer, and on delivering great experiences to ensure we maintain our high rate of customer referrals
- We take a data-driven approach to everything we do, making decisions based on user behaviour - constantly tweaking and optimising to improve.
- We follow agile practices, delivering improvements iteratively in small chunks. We track the impact of our work and measure ourselves based on delivering tangible contributions towards agreed targets.
- We encourage experimentation - whether that's experimenting with new tools or techniques, or experimenting with new channels
- We invest in our people, and provide opportunities for career growth and progression
- We work hard and we finish on time, no crazy hours.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and within a team environment. Driving achievements with a strong work ethic and curiosity for growth
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem solving skills, capable of understanding statistical models and calculations
- Excited to bring your own ideas to the table and make them a reality
- Ideally have experience in consumer facing online services in Australia or New Zealand
- Have excellent written communication and collaboration skills — we work together and succeed as a team
- $50 monthly staff wellness benefit
- Additional day of annual leave for your birthday
- Gifts of share options for high performing staff
- Continuous remuneration review cycles (pay rises for high performers aren’t reserved for ‘annual reviews’)
- A clear focus on professional development, with encouragement to attend training courses, conferences etc - all during work time