Our cloud hosted web analytics SaaS platform has had some good growth, and now we’re on the lookout for our first DevOps Team Lead to guide our vision and expand our DevOps Team.
At Matomo, we offer analytics products & services to enable our users to grow their business. We’re handling billions of requests every month and have a well-architected platform that is secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient.
We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages.
- Regular reporting and analysis to identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- Help maintain, deploy and improve the security, performance, and availability of our AWS hosted SaaS web analytics platform.
- Identify opportunities to improve the infrastructure and maintain the documentation.
- Improve our processes whenever needed and documenting them.
- This is a hands-on role leading by example in the DevOps team.
- Participate in setting the strategy of the team with the stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in retrospectives, demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy.
- Provide direct oversight for team members.
- Identify & encourage areas for growth and improvement of the team.
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the team.
- Manage the growth of the team – hiring and setting up processes for success.
- Be On-Call on a rotational basis (half of the time, including nights and weekends).
- 2+ years experience managing high performing teams.
- 2+ years commercial experience in AWS.
- Ability to guide, mentor and grow a team.
- High EQ – you are self-aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and passion for what you do. You strive for results.
- Strong competency in PHP, SQL performance optimisation, writing automated tests and security best practices.
- Broad understanding of network, high availability and server resources.
- Willing to provide on-call support.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a 100% remote, global and agile environment.
- AWS Certifications a bonus.
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be based in New Zealand or immigrate to New Zealand (we can sponsor visa)
- A rewarding salary
- Earn extra for being on-call
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skillset
- Opportunity to have immediate impact
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Paid certifications & training as applicable