Your responsibilities will range from supporting and helping shape the strategy, design, planning, and implementation of internal and public APIs at Whip Around. Your role is hands-on with the plan to enable more API’s for our Mobile roadmap & also our Integrations roadmap.
You will foster an environment of continuous improvement, sharing your knowledge, fostering a safe environment to share ideas, and learning with the team and wider department. The role requires technical leadership to help enable our API strategy
What success will look like:
- Work closely with our Lead API Engineer and support the existing API technical strategy
- You will recommend solution designs to key stakeholders while taking the team on a journey.
- You will successfully provide feedback and support our infrastructure strategy to enable scaling, governance, speed & quality for our APIs
- You and your team will produce quality documentation for internal and external use where required.
- You will support our internal and external API strategy & strategy that paves a pathway forward with stakeholder buy in
- You successfully support & execute projects involving multiple developers and complex requirements, prioritising strategically while supporting our integrations team, web team & mobile team.
- Present a clear, balanced analysis of advantages and disadvantages for proposed technical solutions while being mindful of where Whip Around is heading in the next 1-2 years.
- Give reasonable and defensible time and effort estimates of your squad’s work when required, and proactively surface any changes to those estimates as the work progresses;
- You Identify risks to inform contingency plans as soon as possible to ensure our API are designed for the future.
- Execute technical roadmap items and integrate them alongside other product work with the guidance of other team members
- You tactfully plan for future proofing our API eco system while giving continuous visibility of where we are today and where we are going.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Strong understanding of industry best practices across software integrations
- Strong technical understanding of API technologies - REST, GRPC, SOAP, etc)
- Good understanding of PHP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present your ideas and to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Effective team player with the ability to work with a diverse array of people
- Excited to learn about how our industry works, the opportunities in the integration space and the value we bring to our customers.
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive work environment
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships throughout our entire business.
- A desire to learn and an ability to pick things up quickly
- You've demonstrated the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions.
- Strong technical understanding of API technologies - REST, GRPC, SOAP, etc
- Experience in enterprise ecosystems
- Experience in PHP
- A background in API Security, monitoring and best practices
- API Development for the Cloud, preferably AWS and/or Mulesoft
- Low Code/No Code experience
- Serverless architecture