As Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the Year in 2021 - Whip Around makes it simple and seamless to streamline the daily vehicle inspection and maintenance process for companies managing fleets. Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers that are dedicated to workplace safety.
As an Intermediate QA Engineer at Whip Around your focus will be to create world-class solutions for our customers! Whip Around is quickly becoming the software platform of choice for business owners, fleet managers and drivers with dedication to workplace safety. Through a mixture of new features and improvements you will work with a team to deliver key solutions to our customers.
Success in this role will look like…
- Liaise with product teams and the engineers to understand and communicate the scope of testing required to meet the needs of the project or desired business capabilities.
- Understand the system architecture, release and environment management, and contribute towards quality initiatives and overall process improvements.
- Accurately recording and managing defects and enhancements (JIRA).
- Peer review and testing of test scenarios, automated scripts, and other work produced by other QA Engineers.
- Build strong relationships with our Engineers and cultivate a culture built around shared ownership of quality.
- You keep up to date with industry trends, frameworks, technologies and share with key stakeholders with a lens on how this can enable better success for Whip Around.
Your ideal experience will include:
- Proven experience in QA preferably within the SaaS industry
- Strong testing experience with Postman is a must
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is a must
- Knowledge of various types of testing and the ability to gauge how and when to apply them
- Exposure to collaborating with developers and get an understanding of what changes have been made in MR
- Knowledge of test heuristics and the ability to gauge how and when to apply them
- Knowledge of distributed source control systems such as Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket
- Database SQL experience
- Knowledge of cloud based software products and how they use APIs, browsers and mobile apps
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of testability
- Experience writing test automation code in any OOPS language will be preferred
- Automated testing experience with Cypress and Cucumber is desirable
- Learning and development allowance
- Twelve weeks additional paid parental leave
- Birthday leave - goes without saying, no one wants to work on their birthday!
- Regular Team events and activities
- Flexible working options - we understand you have a life and family outside of work and we support that!
Each of us at Whip Around are committed to living and breathing our Values in everything we do. At Whip Around you will become part of a culture that’s committed to helping you become the best version of yourself. Whip Around is dedicated to our people!
- Be the Best You
- Be the Driver
- Provide Clarity
- Don’t Drop the Trophy