The Delivery Lead will be a strong People Leader and take on aspects of Project Manager, Program Manager, and Scrum Master roles to drive the creation, planning, execution, and successful closure of deliverables for our world-class platform.
Overseeing and working closely with the Product, Development & QA teams, you will help determine the structure and timeline of deliveries. You will participate with Product in maintaining backlogs so that you can guide the teams to achievable goals that align with those of our larger business. Ultimately, it's a team effort, with you coordinating our successful deliveries and not shying away from being a strong People leader to drive the best results from your team.
Overall, this is a key leadership position that will provide oversight of deliverables, drive best practices, and coach assigned Product Owners, Devs & QA’s to grow their impact and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have strong people management experience and prior success delivering features in an Agile environment. Culture fit is extremely important, and the ideal candidate will be methodical, creative, curious, and have a can-do attitude. He/she must be able to build strong relationships across departments and support business goals with a customer-first mindset.
- Manage a team of Developers, Product Owners and QA’s providing regular team member feedback and mentoring
- Define and support technical and personal development goals to grow team members’ careers
- Support all aspects of recruiting new team members
- Excellent working knowledge of our product, and the customer needs that drive urgency and timelines, and keep teams abreast of goals, priorities, and plans
- Foster transparency by ensuring that there is good communication within the teams and cross-functionally along with other relevant stakeholders in the company
- Perform Agile-related responsibilities (run scrum meetings, sprint planning, retros, etc.)
- Make sure Product & Devs are aware of blockers, bug status, and releases.
- Drive post-mortem learning to utilise feedback and metrics to identify opportunities, then work with teams to look at continuous improvement.
- Perform sprint rituals with all the teams involved in delivery
- Unblock dev teams on a regular basis by including the right people.
- Plan for QA, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and releases by sharing plans
- Monitor, document, and communicate project status; anticipate problems and resolve them or escalate them to ensure a successful delivery that maximizes value
- Negotiate the milestones, levels of effort (e.g. durations, story points, etc), and schedule cross-functionally to ensure timely and successful delivery
- Support our customer-facing teams with root cause analysis and resolution of escalated technical issues
- Strong technical background, ideally SAAS
- Strong organizational skills and a successful track record of coordinating multiple delivery stakeholders, product owners and development teams
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple deliveries simultaneously and prioritize tasks efficiently
- A highly motivated person that is passionate about collaborating with others to drive results and can motivate others to do the same to improve the organization
- A team player who is open-minded, proactive, and process-driven
- A collaborative professional who relies on their ability to lead without direct authority successfully
- Someone who executes under pressure, thinks outside of the box, and adapts in a lean environment when priorities change
- Demonstrates Starshipit’s values - Together is better, Agile since day dot and Customer as a Compass
- Proven people leadership skills
- 3+ years' experience managing project/product delivery in an agile environment
- Prior success in creating, managing, and delivering complex, cross-team projects/deliveries to achieve business goals
- Experience Delivering SaaS products preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of tech stack (.NET) and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience presenting at senior levels and facilitating tough decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree