We’re looking for a Web Support Technician to join our growing team with the goal of making our customers successful. We are the creators of Matomo, the leading open source web analytics solution that gives people full control of their data and built-in privacy. If you love solving tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to corporations), and love variety, this job has it all.
The Web Support Technician contributes to the team’s mission of making customers successful and enabling them to realize business value, so they remain customers for life. We have high expectations around giving our customers quick, accurate, and awesome support so they can focus on doing what they do best.
In addition to answering customer questions about our website analytics solutions, support tasks include leading projects to drive efficiency, documenting knowledge so customers can self-solve questions, and develop tools that allow our client to be more satisfied with Matomo and InnoCraft. You will closely work with the Support team, the founder, and collaborate with the Developers team.
- Deliver happiness to every customer you interact with by answering their questions mostly via email
- Guide customers through implementation, onboarding, business reviews, renewal and anything that comes in-between.
- Become more knowledgeable about our web & mobile analytics products than anyone else, and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Debug customer issues, keeping ownership of cases until resolution while engaging other teams as needed.
- Ensure that Matomo and InnoCraft are delivering business value.
- Document and contribute to improving our internal processes and systems and customer interactions.
- Help improve our user & customer facing documentation and guides.
- Available to lead occasional customer calls during the evening hours of New Zealand (for customers in Europe).
- 5 years experience in IT support
- 2 years of experience using Linux and web servers
- Experience with databases and SQL queries
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience working or using web analytics (eg. Matomo or Google Analytics)
- Customer-orientated and excellent communication skills
- You must have an analytical mind, a sense of urgency and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivation and passion for what you do. You strive for results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Great team player
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and can support visa applications.
How do we interact working remotely?
Remote working works really well here in Matomo. We use Slack as our main communication channel. We also have a 15 minute team daily huddle, a once a week team meeting, and a once a month company wide “All-Hands” meeting. Also, a regular one on one catch up with the Team Leader at least once a week. And we document all internal knowledge in our wiki.