We’re looking for a Payments Manager to join our global Retail Financial Services team. You will be the guru on Retail SaaS Payments through industry understanding of pricing, commercial levers, market positioning and moves. Lead and champion Retail Payments by growing Gross Processing Value (“GPV”) for Retail Omni and Ecommerce merchants.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to bring their Payments industry experience and expert analytical capabilities, to identify industry nuances, and enable input and challenge to pricing and forecasting. Through pricing, modelling and analysis, identify strategic, tactical and improvement opportunities for GPV growth (Omni and E-Com merchants).
This is a unique opportunity to lead across the intersection between Payments Revenue Operations, Finance, Payments Pricing, partnerships, business and product; contributing to Lightspeed’s overall Financial Services growth!
What you’ll be doing:
- The role represents and leads Payments for Retail, working within the Financial Services Retail team.
- Provide leadership and ‘go to’ support, both tactically and strategically, for Retail Lightspeed Payments - be the industry and Retail expert on pricing; new and emerging tactics.
- Be the key Retail input for centralised Payments forecasting and through data and analytics, identifying growth and merchant opportunities from performance, forecasts and ad hoc investigation.
- Build strong and productive relationships with stakeholders across teams in Financial Services, Hospitality Payments pricing, Payments Operations, Corporate Data, RevOps, Sales, Product & Technology; to drive our mission to improve GPV for Lightspeed.
- Identify improvement opportunities to minimise churn through competitor intelligence and analysis.
- Also identify opportunities for execution by the Retail Financial Services team.
- Project Manage own initiatives (varying sizes) across roadmaps, timelines, milestones, stakeholders, for quality and timely outcomes for Retail Payments.
- Present and communicate complex ideas and a deep understanding of Payments; across key stakeholders and Senior Leaders.
- Contribute to the Financial Services team roadmap with topics to solve and execute on, supporting the team with Payments expertise / guidance.
- Support organisation led initiatives representing Retail Payments and the Director Financial Services.
- Use segmentation to identify Payments adoption opportunities for a more targeted and tailored approach.
- Use data and insight to track, measure and understand commercial success of activities; GPV / Payments Revenue or churn.
And a little bit of:
- Helping with the overall growth and understanding of Retail Payments (with a particular focus on Payments pricing)
- A commercial focus and eye for revenue opportunities
- A scientific and analytical mindset about how to make even small changes in our approach to optimise adoption and merchant experience.
- Contributing as part of the wider team even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role.
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of people located in across the globe in North America and APAC.
We're looking for a Senior candidate who has experience with the following:
- Extensive experience in any industry that utilises Payments, with a focus on payments pricing, data and analysis, Revenue Operations or Operations - Financial Services experience is a bonus.
- Leadership experience (not necessarily of people) of Payments across pricing and strategic initiatives.
- Roles within the Payments industry with an analytical and growth focus, understanding industry layers / players, trends and tactics.
- Experience influencing and working across multiple teams, collaboratively, for outstanding business and individual outcomes
- Experience and aptitude to mentor and coach team members, on the job
- Proficient communicator (at all levels/across multiple stakeholders) with a strong focus on data driven actions and financial / commercial outcomes
- Strong project/timeline and stakeholder management skills, plus ability to operate in ambiguity across a large, growing, complex, global organisation
- Experience working in a subscription business (or similar); ideally SaaS is not a must, but a nice to have
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)