The Retail Marketing team at Lightspeed is seeking a results-oriented Product Marketing Manager to develop, coordinate, and execute Product Marketing strategies at product launches. Reporting to the Global Lead of Product Marketing, the key objective of this position is to improve how we take our Lightspeed Retail solution to market: establishing impactful positioning and messaging; conducting market analysis; gathering customer feedback; and building go-to-market strategies. More importantly, you will act as the voice of the customer within the organization and ensure customer needs are addressed at each marketing touchpoint.
At Lightspeed, as Product Marketing Manager, you will build relationships throughout the organization. You will interact with diverse stakeholders such as product, marketing, sales, customer service, partnership, and others in order to help accelerate the launch and lifecycle management of our various products.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Becoming an expert in the retail industry and understanding the technology landscape that helps retailers be successful
- Owning the execution of market research and gleaning nuanced market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging
- Maintaining a deep understanding of our customers and validating user personas to translate insights into strategies that help support and drive our organizational OKRs
- Leading the go-to-market planning and execution to introduce and launching new Lightspeed Retail products in collaboration with the Marketing Leaders, Product Managers, Sales leadership, and the Marketing production team of creatives and automation specialists with ownership of the results of these initiatives
- Learning the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge
- Being the go-to person for messaging around our products and value proposition
- Develop a customer marketing roadmap of initiatives that will support net retention and upsell KPIs and own the execution of these tactics from start to finish
- Work closely with Content, Design, Marketing Automation, and Product teams to develop creative and compelling content that resonates with our customers
What you need to bring to the team:
- Proven experience working in a product marketing role (or equivalent) in a SaaS environment in a relevant industry for 3-5 years
- Knowledge of strategic planning, business analysis, marketing principles, research, and analysis with strong project management skills
- Understanding how to identify marketing opportunities for an existing customer base
- Highly organized, analytical, and a motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills to lead and influence multiple stakeholders to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences at all levels of the organization and customer-facing messaging
- Ability to build, maintain, and manage close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Ability to act as a positive, motivating leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- MBA or Product Marketing Alliance certification
- Experience in the retail industry in any capacity is a strong asset
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)