AskNicely is the award winning customer experience platform for service businesses and we’re on a mission to make frontline work more rewarding. With teams in the United States, New Zealand and the Netherlands, we’ve got backing from amazing venture capital partners to pioneer a new category of software that will improve the daily lives of millions of frontline workers.
To accelerate our growth and support our continued success, we’re seeking a Head of Product Marketing to lead the marketing strategy for AskNicely platform, generating demand, supporting sales enablement and driving adoption & utilization by end users. Product Marketing role is a highly cross-functional role at AskNicely, partnering closely with Product, Design, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Executive Management.
This Product Marketing role will work across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch. This is the ideal role for a product marketer who loves rolling up their sleeves to create content and messaging that drives demand.
Key outcomes for 2023:
- Product messaging - across all channels, including web, G2, Qualtrics, AppExchange, LinkedIn, website, chat, customer comms, consistent messaging
- Three significant launches per quarter with a consistent drumbeat across all channels, including LinkedIn, website, chat, customer comms, and PR
- A far stronger strategic narrative and pitch deck to support sales teams win more deals
- Foundational content, such as the Frontline Study and Benchmarking, as well as series-based content showcasing practices and tech stack of great companies
- Develop a success-based demand flywheel where all customers achieve demonstrable impact, driving to case studies, interviews, and verticalized promotions
- Product messaging and positioning – Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with customers and differentiates our product from its competitors. Know your target audience, challenges, market, and competitive landscape, so intimately that you define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable message and market position.
- Product Features & Benefits: Determine the key benefits of the product and create messaging that clearly articulates its value proposition. Describe how our product works and how it is helpful or better than other solutions.
- Liaison with Product Team: Serve as a messenger, relaying product feedback and making sure products and features are marketed.
- Liaison with Customer Facing Teams (Sales, Customer Success, Support): Ensure other customer-facing teams are using consistent language to describe the product and its benefits.
- Competitive Analysis: Maintain a side-by-side comparison of features and messaging to stay on top of market trends and identify opportunities for differentiation.
- Audience Interviews: Conduct interviews with customers to gain insights into how they discovered our product, their use cases, and what features they find most valuable.
- Audience Research & Persona Development: Conduct research to understand our target audience and develop buyer personas.
- Product Launch Planning & Execution: Plan product launches based on releases and ensure a consistent playbook is used for each launch.
- Pricing & Packaging: Gather data from competitors' websites and sales, test and iterate to develop pricing and packaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Sales Enablement Content: Create content that addresses questions and concerns at various stages of the sales process.
- Content Roadmap Suggestions: Create content that highlights problems our product solves and suggests content topics to be covered.
- Partner Marketing Strategy: Develop a partner marketing strategy that focuses on integration or channel partners.
- Customer Marketing Strategy: Keep track of reference customers and how they succeeded with our product.
- Have 5+ years of experience developing and deploying product marketing initiatives, for a B2B SaaS company
- Have successfully launched products globally and locally
- You like to lead with a strategy, that is grounded in analytics
- Are unstoppable self-starter and achievement-oriented product marketer who excels at envisioning and executing sophisticated marketing campaigns and collateral, designing persuasive sales tools and delivering compelling demos and presentations
- Are data-driven and intensely analytical with the ability to observe and synthesize complex and often conflicting input related to customer behavior and marketing metrics.
- Are a highly effective communicator and connector, capable of establishing rapport and shepherding relationships with a variety of stakeholders, seamlessly identifying and adapting to the preferred style of customers and colleagues at every level
- Have a bias to action and thrive in a culture of innovation, where ideation, experimentation and iteration are encouraged
- Have high standards, a growth mindset and a commitment to continuous improvement in pursuit of excellence
- Are familiar with the tools typical of a successful marketing ops tech stack, including Hubspot, Salesforce, and more
This role is available to candidates in The United States and New Zealand
- Comprehensive benefits package including FREE medical, dental, vision, short term disability [US applicants], Free optional Health Insurance through Southern Cross [New Zealand applicants], paid parental leave, life insurance and other supplemental options
- Accrue up to 4 weeks paid time off - plus an 5 extra "Nice Days" per year
- Shared office spaces available in Portland OR, Salt Lake City Utah, and Auckland New Zealand
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Up to $1,500 Learning and Development reimbursement per year for personal or professional growth
If, like us, you put a lot of value in culture, lifestyle and opportunity as well as benefits, you'll like what's on offer here (watch this).
Lot’s of people ask about the culture at AskNicely. There are three non-negotiables to what we call “living in the purple”:
- Be NICE: We believe a great business can be built by nice people that are nice to each other.
- Play to WIN: Bring your "A" game. We have high standards but favor speed over perfection.
- Love your FEEDBACK: Get feedback to improve your game and give feedback generously to help others improve theirs.