AskNicely is the award winning customer experience platform for service businesses and we’re on a mission to make frontline work more rewarding. With teams in the United States, New Zealand and the Netherlands, we’ve got backing from amazing venture capital partners to pioneer a new category of software that will improve the daily lives of millions of frontline workers.
We are looking for a hands-on, talented, innovative, practical and passionate individual with functional experience to design, to implement and support products and product components on a predictable schedule. Someone who is capable of working under minimal direction and bringing innovative ideas to the table. You will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
- Deliver scalable, testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Proactively identify and address operational risks (e.g. regressions in future development, failures from third parties, etc.)
- Find solutions to your team’s technical challenges
- Mentor and guide junior engineers and engineers
- Actively encourage good coding practices through automation, code reviews, department education, and other means
- Monitor application performance, quality of user experience, and code smell
- Stay up to date on new technologies and recommend the ones AskNicely should adopt
- Collaborate with the designers, product managers and development managers to deliver on sprint goals
- Help AskNicely “Learn Faster”, which means getting high performing and scalable code in front of our customers faster using much shorter iteration cycles.
- Recognise ambiguity in goals and requirements, then take part in clarifying details
- 2+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Unit/Functional testing principles and practice TDD
- Strong understanding of Git, Pull Requests, PHP, MySQL and decent understanding of Vue.JS and Typescript
- Knowledge in Symfony Framework (or similar), Capacitor, Less/CSS, Docker, AWS, CI/CD is a plus
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Enthusiasm for multiple technical areas
- Focused on the building features from a customer’s perspective. We are here to provide value to our customers, and want to ensure we’re putting our customers first through every piece of engineering
- Committed to continuous improvement of yourself, your teammates, and our software
- Eager to share your own ideas, and open to the ideas of others
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You enjoy participating in the end-to-end product development lifecycle: user research, product discovery, design, coding, testing, deployment, monitoring, and user feedback
- You value team success over personal success
- Free optional health insurance through Southern Cross
- Accrue up to 4 weeks annual leave - plus an 5 extra "Nice Days" per year
- A beautiful office space at the B:Hive!
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Up to $1,500 Learning and Development reimbursement per year for personal or professional growth
If, like us, you put a lot of value in culture, lifestyle and opportunity as well as benefits, you'll like what's on offer here (watch this).
Lot’s of people ask about the culture at AskNicely. There are three non-negotiables to what we call “living in the purple”:
- Be NICE: We believe a great business can be built by nice people that are nice to each other.
- Play to WIN: Bring your "A" game. We have high standards but favor speed over perfection.
- Love your FEEDBACK: Get feedback to improve your game and give feedback generously to help others improve theirs.