LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
LawVu is a fast growing New Zealand software company with customers and employees around the globe, including in New Zealand, United States, Australia and Europe. Our legal workspace is a category creating software platform that is designed specifically for in-house legal teams. We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Insight Partners and Airtree Ventures.
We're now looking for a commercially focussed lawyer to join our growing team as Corporate Counsel, based in New Zealand.
In this role, you will act as a trusted legal advisor to the business on all legal related matters. As a company operating in the LegalTech space, you will also have a unique perspective on LawVu’s platform and strategic initiatives, and will be able to provide key input to the business to help drive LawVu’s global ambitions.
What you’ll do…
- Act as a trusted legal adviser to key stakeholders across the business
- Identify and proactively manage all legal and regulatory obligations
- Review and negotiate a high volume of contracts with our customers globally
- Review, negotiate, and draft a variety of key legal documents, including vendor, and partnership agreements
- Ensure compliance with a variety of laws and regulations impacting SaaS products, including intellectual property, privacy and security
- Support the Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams in developing and launching new products and features
- Build best-in-class legal playbooks and processes to enable our rapidly growing sales team
- Assist with corporate governance and company secretarial matters
- Advise on employment-related legal issues
- Continually improve our standard form agreements and online T&Cs, legal processes, policies, and organisational training
- Liaise with and manage our external legal advisors as required
What you’ll need…
- Admitted to practice in NZ or Australia with a current practising certificate
- Approximately 5+ years post-qualification experience in commercial or corporate law, preferably with some experience as an in-house lawyer (and ideally in the technology sector).
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to apply a commercial mindset
- Ability to provide clear and concise business-minded guidance around legal issues
- Collaborative approach to working with geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to work quickly and competently to prioritize, manage, and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Highly analytical approach with strong attention to detail
- An enabling attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for technology
NZ (ideally Tauranga, Wellington, Auckland, or the US (ideally Seattle).
What sets us apart:
- Monthly wellness allowance to use on whatever enables you to bring your whole self to work - gym membership, massage, childcare.. the list goes on!
- Health insurance cover
- Extended paid parental leave
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Share options so you can have a piece of the pie
- Home office allowance set up for remote employees
Helen Doukas - General Counsel
At LawVu we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer the opportunity to get onboard a growth company early and the opportunity to participate in LawVu’s success through our incentive scheme. LawVu has rapidly expanding offices and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and future career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables us to better understand and serve customers and innovate successfully. From the moment you join, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.