Here at EROAD we have an exciting Report Analyst opportunity that we know will deliver real job satisfaction and allow you to challenge yourself and broaden your experience. You get to work for one of NZ’s leading product companies that has a true meaningful purpose – we can honestly say the analytics work you do will lead to saving lives and making our roads more sustainable globally.
The Reporting Analyst role focuses on delivering rich and interactive operational reporting to support our customers achieve operational efficiencies supported by tailored information delivery and actionable insight.
Our Analytics team is 100% customer focused, leveraging modern agile practices, and supported by our rock-star Product Managers. This team is super talented and ambitious, and we have a great supportive culture.
We are cloud native (AWS and Azure), using modern BI and data management platforms and practices leveraging technologies including Power BI, Snowflake, and SQL Server.
We operate in a super interesting domain (think real time telematics and vehicle sensor data, geo-spatial data, master data, and computer vision metadata) mastered through our own enterprise applications and hardware devices. The team are specialists in Analytics and reporting, who take pride in high-quality outcomes and customer value.
EROAD prides itself on its truly amazing culture, with a remote first working policy and offices in both New Market, and Albany in Auckland.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Working closely with our Product Managers and customers, understand business needs and requirements for reporting.
- Deliver engaging, interactive and intuitive operational reports.
- Discover and blend data from operational systems (relational) and data warehouse. Design, develop, and maintain a suite of operational reports maximising reuse and applying best practices across ingestion, modelling and design.
- Contribute to iterative improvements across all aspects of the development including end to end testing and deployment automation.
- Troubleshoot defects and resolve performance issues.
- Apply appropriate data governance with our data standards and controls
- Opportunities to mentor junior reporting analysts in the team.
- You are experienced in capturing, understanding and documenting customer/business requirements
- Operational reporting experience with proven level of expertise in using SQL, relational databases, Microsoft Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services. Programming experience in R or Python is an advantage.
- Confidence in sourcing, transforming and modelling data using SQL and Power BI and utilising these datasets to deliver interactive and engaging reports.
- You are a customer advocate with strong reporting and data analysis skills. You manage complexity and ambiguity with ease, being able to break down and clarify complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information.
- You understand data origin and sources of authority for data and ensure that data is consistent and fit for purpose.
- You possess strong attention to detail, reconciliation, and testing and are highly organised and reliable.
- You are passionate about data visualization, reporting and data modelling.
- You understand the importance of security and privacy and how to configure Power BI appropriately.
- You thrive in an environment where autonomy, accountability, and teamwork are encouraged and outcomes celebrated. You enjoy working collaboratively across various business functions and demonstrate adaptability in an agile environment.
- Excellent communications skills across written, verbal and presenting.
- Keen to both learn and help others - is both a team player and self-motivated/self-managing individual.
- Cultivates innovation by creating new and better ways to deliver outcomes
- Action orientated, taking on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- You are naturally curious with a strong attention to detail and motivated to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding outcomes. You describe yourself as action orientated with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- 5+ years’ experience as a reporting analyst or similar role.
- An excellent understanding in delivering operational reporting; experienced in translating high level business problems into objective, concise and logical requirements and being able to present these in effective information delivery.
- Experienced in working in an enterprise-scale environment with its complexity of data sources, data structures and business rules and working with large data sets.
- Experience working for a Product company and experience working closely with Product Managers using Scrum is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s fastest-growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.