As a Site Reliability Engineer in our Azure Platform Team you will be part of the multi-faceted group responsible for designing, building and operating our SaaS solutions cloud infrastructure within the Azure ecosystem.
The teams’ priorities are to maintain and improve the operational stability and flexibility of our platforms, including enabling internal engineering teams to achieve their goals while fostering and improving on EROAD’s DevOps model.
At EROAD we empower and resource all of our engineering teams to do amazing things and the Azure Platform Team is no different. Our platforms are treated as products and as such we are on a continuous journey of improvement.
You will enjoy working in a small team of positive, supportive, likeminded pro-active people within a self-managed agile environment.
- Working with the other Azure Platform Team SRE’s to iterate on our environments, unlocking additional benefits for engineering development teams.
- Contributing to new solution designs as needed both inside and outside the team.
- Ensure EROAD's multiple systems (including some legacy) are operating at peak efficiency, performance and uptime.
- Provide root cause analysis of complex faults in a large distributed system, and work with multiple teams to see issues through to resolution within our incident management process.
- Develop metric collection and visualisation tools to allow you to perform capacity-planning, troubleshooting and take pre-emptive actions in support of overall system stability.
- Carry out legacy deployments of new releases of EROAD's SaaS applications to production and other environments with minimal to no impact on customers and refine and enhance the tools used to achieve this.
- Identify and automate tasks wherever possible to enhance our engineering team’s autonomy.
- Conduct performance and reliability tests to establish limits, bottlenecks or single points of failure and resolve them.
- Being called on to work flexible hours to complete tasks that would otherwise disrupt a great customer experience.
- Keep up to date with the cutting edge of modern web operations, and continually strive to push the EROAD operations practice forward.
- Provided day to day support to the engineering team across production and non-production environments.
- Experience managing large production workloads in AWS or Azure (ideally in a real time and 24/7 environment)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes, ECS or AKS
- Experience working with Infrastructure as code tooling (AWS Cloudformation / AWS CDK/ Terraform, Azure DevOps)
- Experience operating and managing complex systems in customer-facing production web environments. Operation and architecture of multi-tier distributed systems involving real-time event processing.
- Experience and knowledge of scripting languages (bash, ruby, python, etc.) and the ability to learn new languages as required.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines and managing fully automated multi-stage deployments
- Experience with configuring and operating observability tooling such as Datadog, SumoLogic, Grafana, etc
- In-depth understanding and experience operating Windows based systems.
- Some experience in operating Linux servers would be useful.
- Understanding of relational database systems and their operation.
- Passion for the web operations industry, we are doing exciting things and want to work with people who share our passion and vision.
EROAD is a true Kiwi success story in the tech sector! Publicly listed in 2012, we are represented on the NZX and ASX, We continue to grow rapidly, with over 600 EROADers based in NZ, Australia and the USA.
Our purpose is simple - we make roads safer and more sustainable for our clients and other road users. Our sophisticated software and in-vehicle technology ensures that fleet vehicles operate safely, minimise environmental impact and are legally compliant at all times.
Our customers include some of New Zealand's most impressive organisations, and many kiwi-owned small businesses which we are enormously proud to support.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities through a structured framework, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
EROAD is genuinely committed to investing in its people, and this is demonstrated through comprehensive leadership development programs, fully paid medical insurance, 8 weeks paid parental leave, unlimited sick leave, peer-to-peer recognition frameworks and regular check-ins on culture, ways of working and Employee Experience.
As a Kiwi-led, global organisation, we ensure that we stay well connected with our international team-mates through frequent company-wide communication, learning opportunities and cultural sharing.